Has anyone figured out the Vista laundry machines?

kayakcove

Does anyone have any guidance on the operation of the machines in the Vista laundry. We were on board in May and never really figured out the right buttons to push.  Took a Loooooooong time to get clothes dry. Others were having similar problems.

We are booking another in May 2024 and having trouble thinking that moving to “A” class and free laundry is worth $750.

Would be great if they posted instructions.

1 hour ago, kayakcove said:

Does anyone have any guidance on the operation of the machines in the Vista laundry. We were on board in May and never really figured out the right buttons to push.  Took a Loooooooong time to get clothes dry. Others were having similar problems.

We are booking another in May 2024 and having trouble thinking that moving to “A” class and free laundry is worth $750.

Sorry you had such problems.  We were on board last month and didn't have too much difficulty.  There was a laminated sheet of instructions for reference on the folding table (as small as it was).  Sounds like someone walked off with it.  If you have problems again, I would check with Reception and I'm sure they can get another copy or at least someone to help you.   Enjoy your upcoming cruise!

2 hours ago, kayakcove said:

I wouldn't move to "A" class just for the free laundry. $750 would buy plenty of laundry service. A concierge class stateroom for our Vista cruise later this month was going to be a $1000 higher fare. We plan to pay for laundry service as needed and will save most of the lower fare cost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Condocat said:

There was a laminated sheet of instructions for reference on the folding table (as small as it was).  Sounds like someone walked off with it.

That is what I was hoping for. We were on the first public sailing and I suspect they got enough comments to do just that.  

40 minutes ago, kayakcove said:

I think the issue is there a European controls with symbols rather than words. I had trouble figuring them out.

The symbols are easy to understand. I did not need a sheet with explanation. Came out perfectly fine. 

Edited by maxamize

30 minutes ago, maxamize said:

The symbols are easy to understand. I did not need a sheet with explanation. Came out perfectly fine. 

If you say so, but I might like some words to go along with those symbols, at least the first time. 

• Like 4

Tip for ANY cruiseship laundry machine:

Look at the serial number plate that is usually inside the door of the machine.  Note the model number of the machine.  Then, you can easily get the complete manual for the machine online.

Also did this when I needed to reset the coffee maker on a Viking cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those controls actually look a lot easier to figure out than the machines on Viking. We are booked in a Concierge cabin, but they say the laundry can have a 3 day wait. That will be fine for our transatlantic crossing and b2b just prior, next year. But for shorter cruises, that 3 days is hardly worth it. At least we also get 4 items pressed free after embarkation. Great for getting out the worst packing wrinkles, that Downy Wrinkle Remover can’t quite handle. 

The machines were easy to operate.  The liquid soap dispenser on the wall kept overflowing.  It keeps running and dribbling for a long time after you release the button.  Hopefully someone will have put up a sign by now.

OMG, this Hubby was able to handle his assigned chores.  They worked great and washed and dried in a timely manner. The dryer was good and we did not have to lay clothes out all over the bed to finish drying 😇👍

We we’re glad to see the bucket in place under the soap dispenser because as always, it does leak. 
With a 16 day trip on our horizon on Vista, we are very happy to have the washer/dryers available in addition to the three bags O provides. Remember, the 20 item bag does not come back pressed, usually somewhat wrinkled so plan to make a trip to the laundry room to “touch up” your shirts and pants.  
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 6:58 PM, Mariastreby said:

Those controls actually look a lot easier to figure out than the machines on Viking. We are booked in a Concierge cabin, but they say the laundry can have a 3 day wait. That will be fine for our transatlantic crossing and b2b just prior, next year. But for shorter cruises, that 3 days is hardly worth it. At least we also get 4 items pressed free after embarkation. Great for getting out the worst packing wrinkles, that Downy Wrinkle Remover can’t quite handle. 

Actually, those are identical to the machines on Viking ocean ships.