Seeking Clarification on Shipment Charge for Medallions

Steelers36

Princess ships both Medallions together for the typical couple.  Or presumably a family of three or four in one box as well.  Is this a single charge of $10?  Is PCL charging each guest $10?  I don't think so, but not so sure today.

I realize sometimes friends may sail sharing a cabin who live in different cities.  If order separately, is each one charged $10?  If so, would think one person nominated to receive and then hand over when meet up at the terminal for check-in.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Princess ships both Medallions together for the typical couple.  Or presumably a family of three or four in one box as well.  Is this a single charge of $10?  Is PCL charging each guest $10?  I don't think so, but not so sure today.

I realize sometimes friends may sail sharing a cabin who live in different cities.  If order separately, is each one charged $10?  If so, would think one person nominated to receive and then hand over when meet up at the terminal for check-in.

You order the medallion on your booking, so if you are on the same booking, and order medallions for all of you, then one $10 charge.

If you order individually to be sent to different addresses, then 2 shipping charges.

I would, as you say, just order both on the booking and send to one address.  You can meet anytime you want now to board.  

For now anyway!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for clarifying, @PacnGoNow, and it is the way I would expect it to work.

I just encountered a post on another thread and posed this question.  When a guest purchases Plus/Premier package on board (Day 1 so they can pay with OBC), GS rebates guest $10 for Medallion shipment fee.  Are they crediting the main guest in cabin $10 (cabin credit), or is each guest getting $10?  It should be a single $10 credit I would think.

Edited by Steelers36

I ordered my Medallions for future cruises before this change was made so I haven't been charged anything yet.

I have family cruising in February with the Plus-50 package.

Will they be charged for shipping with the old Plus package?

It's hard to keep track these days..... 🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks for clarifying, @PacnGoNow, and it is the way I would expect it to work.

I just encountered a post on another thread and posed this question.  When a guest purchases Plus/Premier package on board (Day 1 so they can pay with OBC), GS rebates guest $10 for Medallion shipment fee.  Are they crediting the main guest in cabin $10 (cabin credit), or is each guest getting $10?  It should be a single $10 credit I would think.

They should credit it per cabin, the primary person on the booking. 

Since it’s guest services, it could vary how they handle it. 

3 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I ordered my Medallions for future cruises before this change was made so I haven't been charged anything yet.

I have family cruising in February with the Plus-50 package.

Will they be charged for shipping with the old Plus package?

It's hard to keep track these days..... 🤷‍♀️

So, if you already ordered it with a package, then you’re good to go.

If there was a charge for ordering, you would have been charged when you ordered it.  They are not going to charge you after the fact,

Are you asking about other family members?  Do they have a package?

Did they order it yet?

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Agree - and agree.  Hopefully someone will respond on other thread as I they reported doing the purchase Day 1 and getting $10.  I just wanted to clarify.

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

If there was a charge for ordering, you would have been charged when you ordered it.  They are not going to charge you after the fact,

Did they order it yet?

Yes. Asking for other family members.

They all have Plus-50, but have not yet ordered Medallions...

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Yes. Asking for other family members.

They all have Plus-50, but have not yet ordered Medallions...

Thanks.

I thought anyone on a package could get the medallions shipped for free.  

When they started charging for the shipping, you had to have a package.

The thing is, I always order and do all my check in right after booking. So, if I’ve already ordered, no additional fee.

Some have reported that they were charged $10 for ordering, even though they have a package.  Some say it was charged and then fell off the pending on their CC.  Others say they were charged $10 and it went through.  So, when OB, GS credited their account OBC.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did they order it yet?

The charge doesn't actually happen until the medallion is prepped for shipping 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jwattle said:

The charge doesn't actually happen until the medallion is prepped for shipping 🙂

Mine was charged and went through $10 on my credit card, right after placing the order.  My sail date was months out.  Consistency…

17 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

So this means that if you are unable to have your medallion posted because of where you live, you are able to go to guest services and request a $10 refund for all those pax listed at different addresses?

17 minutes ago, villauk said:

So this means that if you are unable to have your medallion posted because of where you live, you are able to go to guest services and request a $10 refund for all those pax listed at different addresses?

Not sure of your circumstances.  The response was to a poster, whom had the beverage package and should not of had the $10 shipping charge.  They can go to GS once OB and ask if the $10 charge can be credited as OBC,  

Different addresses shouldn’t come into play.  If you ask for the medallion to be shipped to you, it’s a $10 fee, unless you have a beverage package.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Mine was charged and went through $10 on my credit card, right after placing the order.  My sail date was months out.  Consistency…

Yup who knows with Princess. By the time you sail it could be more or less $, back to included, nobody gets shipping, everybody everywhere gets shipping...