In Italy Port on a Transportation Strike Day?

kadedid

23 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

@cruisemom42 @marazul So, I noticed a red circle with a slash through it at the end of many of the strikes I was worried about.  I looked up what that symbol meant and it translated to "strike cancelled".  Am I correct?  Also, there is still a strike Oct 16-17 but I think it affects trucking and not the trains.  Also correct?  TIA!!

23 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

@cruisemom42 @marazul So, I noticed a red circle with a slash through it at the end of many of the strikes I was worried about.  I looked up what that symbol meant and it translated to "strike cancelled".  Am I correct?  Also, there is still a strike Oct 16-17 but I think it affects trucking and not the trains.  Also correct?  TIA!!

Please, see previous post.🤪

Edited by marazul

7 minutes ago, marazul said:

Correct.

Strike revoked or withdrawn. 

Congrats!

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Was super-relieved for a minute, when I thought this was referring to the Oct 20 strike. But I see it is in reference to the Oct 16 strike. I'll keep hoping the Oct 20 strike gets cancelled too.
Still happy for you for Oct 16!
🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

More strike questions! Traveling by train from Roma Termini to Civi on Oct 18. These two strikes affect that travel?IMG_2395.thumb.jpeg.19eda349d02a3993314f90c92976bde7.jpeg

No one is in Trento and one is in Sicily. The region for both Rome and Civitavecchia is Lazio. (Not to mention neither one involves the railroad sector.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Also this strike from Oct 16-17. We are traveling on the 16th from Florence to Rome. Are we affected by this strike? Thx!!IMG_2396.thumb.jpeg.be08035da076e9a66d70b874985e225d.jpeg

No. I’m not exactly sure what the sector is but it only impacts Modena, a city in Emilio-Romagna region

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2023 at 11:30 AM, cruisemom42 said:

It seems to me there have been an unusually high number of strikes scheduled in 2023 — perhaps to make up for the Covid shutdowns…who knows??

Just to confirm so I don't have to keep asking questions about strikes, if the AMBITO GEOGRAPHICAL

doesn't state Lazio, then I don't need to worry about the strike for travel between Rome and Civi?  The two I'm looking at state Sicilia and the other is Trento. Thanks!!

Edited by ninjacat123

17 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Just to confirm so I don't have to keep asking questions about strikes, if the AMBITO GEOGRAPHICAL

doesn't state Lazio, then I don't need to worry about the strike for travel between Rome and Civi?  The two I'm looking at state Sicilia and the other is Trento. Thanks!!

CORRECT! The only other designation would be Nazionale or Generale which would mean a nationwide or generalized strike impacting all regions.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank you for answering all my Italy train questions plus other Italy questions.  Our trip was great and your guidance provided much comfort in our travels across Italy.  Here's a link to the LIVE review I wrote throughout our trip which might give others insight as well.  Once again, Thank you!!

• Like 2