Suites - tipping concierge

15 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Regarding tipping the bartenders in the suite lounge, do most people tip them by the drink, by the day, or once at the end of the cruise? I'm leaning toward daily when we visit during happy hour, although last time we were in a suite I think we tipped once at the beginning of the cruise and again at the end.

For every single drink...including asking for a few bottles of water.  The bartenders tend to change out weekly and rotate during the day.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, steveru621 said:

ONLY THE 11:00 am to 11:00 pm drink availability.  Quantum class generally does not have this benifit.

And to keep in mind...it is complimentary beer, soda, and house wine from 11-11.   Full cocktails are during happy hour only in the SL. 

• Like 1

I have a related question. Sorry to hijack, OP, but I didn't want to start a new thread for something along the same lines.

How does tipping for the servers in CK work? We'll be eating dinner only at CK and specialty restaurants, although we'll probably be all over the ship for breakfast and lunch. Should we be tipping the servers at CK after each meal?

32 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I have a related question. Sorry to hijack, OP, but I didn't want to start a new thread for something along the same lines.

How does tipping for the servers in CK work? We'll be eating dinner only at CK and specialty restaurants, although we'll probably be all over the ship for breakfast and lunch. Should we be tipping the servers at CK after each meal?

I would and have tipped after each meal.  Dinner in CK is more like MTD in the MDR.  You will be seated in different areas with different servers each meal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

I would and have tipped after each meal.  Dinner in CK is more like MTD in the MDR.  You will be seated in different areas with different servers each meal.

The staff will try to seat you with the same waitstaff each night.  Probably a different table because they rotate table locations.

I'm not sure what your experience has been, but for dinner, we have always had the same waitstaff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steveru621 said:

The staff will try to seat you with the same waitstaff each night.  Probably a different table because they rotate table locations.

I'm not sure what your experience has been, but for dinner, we have always had the same waitstaff.

My experience was different.  I'd have preferred your experience.  🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LisaLisa87 said:

We'll be eating dinner only at CK and specialty restaurants, although we'll probably be all over the ship for breakfast and lunch. Should we be tipping the servers at CK after each meal?

This is why we always tip at each meal.  You never know if you will be back or not or if you would see the same people again.  Tip as you go.  It's far easier that way.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

We had the same server and table in CK on Wonder in June (likely b/c we were a party of 8 and requested one of the 2 large tables and had already made reservations to eat there all 7 nights).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

No matter if it is CK, specialty restaurant, or the MDR.  Though we prepay grats, we always leave an  cash tip for each meal, including breakfast.  

And they do remember you.  😉 

We do the same but we also buy UDP so dinners are in specialty and sometimes lunch . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Breakfast is the best meal in CK imo.

• Like 3