Is lunch served every day in the dining room?

FengShui@Sea

On 8/2/2023 at 2:29 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Agree.  The Eggs Benedict in Aqualina are completely different from those in the main dining room.  The MDR's are very good and traditional; Aqualina's are amped up to 11.

We were in a stateroom on Pursuit and tried the main dining room for breakfast once, very disappointing.  The buffet can be an adventure in claiming a table, we were once yelled at and subjected to unacceptable language over a claim to a table.  So, our next AZ cruise is on Quest in a Continent Suite, so we are anticipating many of our breakfasts in Aqualina.  Also the other suite amenities!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Werangels said:

Hi Phil

When you say big suites can use the specialities for room service does this not include continentals?

Thanks.

I don't think it's actually written anywhere, but specialty room service is normally for the COs and CWs only. Having said that I was in a Club Continent Suite last month and asked for the soup from Prime C. I asked very nicely and my butler was more than happy to oblige. I hadn't been feeling well and it was what I fancied. The baked potato soup duly arrived and served properly being poured from the "teapot". My butler knew what he was doing as he used to serve in the specialties. He was probably taken back to his last job! Lol 

Phil 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I don't think it's actually written anywhere, but specialty room service is normally for the COs and CWs only. Having said that I was in a Club Continent Suite last month and asked for the soup from Prime C. I asked very nicely and my butler was more than happy to oblige. I hadn't been feeling well and it was what I fancied. The baked potato soup duly arrived and served properly being poured from the "teapot". My butler knew what he was doing as he used to serve in the specialties. He was probably taken back to his last job! Lol 

Phil 

Thank you Phil.  We are not really room service people but might do it one evening perhaps. We will be happy with something off the normal menu if we do.  I have never heard of baked potato soup.  Does it taste like eating a baked potato?  I can’t imagine it!  

1 hour ago, Werangels said:

Thank you Phil.  We are not really room service people but might do it one evening perhaps. We will be happy with something off the normal menu if we do.  I have never heard of baked potato soup.  Does it taste like eating a baked potato?  I can’t imagine it!  

I have to say that I'm not really a room service person either and half or more of eating in the Specialty Restaurant is actually going, but if I'm not feeling up to it there are a couple of dishes I really like. And of course the large suites have a proper dining table which makes it more attractive if one wants a quiet/romantic meal with a balcony view. We had a table set up on the balcony going through the Suez. It was special as there were a few us. 

The soup?  Try it. It's really good. Has a little pile of baked potato in the bottom of the bowl that the soup is poured over 🙂

Phil 

50 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I have to say that I'm not really a room service person either and half or more of eating in the Specialty Restaurant is actually going, but if I'm not feeling up to it there are a couple of dishes I really like. And of course the large suites have a proper dining table which makes it more attractive if one wants a quiet/romantic meal with a balcony view. We had a table set up on the balcony going through the Suez. It was special as there were a few us. 

The soup?  Try it. It's really good. Has a little pile of baked potato in the bottom of the bowl that the soup is poured over 🙂

Phil 

The Suez sounds amazing.  

Thank you.  We should have enough nights to try it! 

• Like 3

On 8/4/2023 at 5:07 PM, Werangels said:

I found a photo! Lol 

Phil 

image.thumb.png.93f41d8284129af5af7cf32224ba63fb.png

• Like 3