Important Posting Info…Who Knew

laudergayle

So yesterday I started a thread about NCL stock along with commentary and color around NCL strategy.  I was locked out of the thread and eventually the thread was removed.  I inquired and found out that this was the reason.  @Karaboudjan was spot on when he suggested that I posted copyright material.  Just sharing for those of us who were not aware.  And thanks JoanP for explaining.

Hi there,

I took a look at that topic and it is no longer visible.  This seems to be related to the fact that many posts on it, including the original post, included copyrighted material, which is against our rules.  We can't publish material for which others hold a copyright, and we do request that you link to such material instead.

JoanP
Community Support Assistant

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Ahh, thank you for the explanation. It was a good thread, with spirited debate about NCLH current strategy, which differs from that of their two main competitors.

I missed this thread! What is their current strategy compared to other lines?

12 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i like when people post the contents of the article. there is way tooo many news sites that has a paywall or some other restrictions that make reading the article difficult 

General rule snippet from an article to get the taster should be ok.

Then link preference is to find a non paywall or original that covers the same subject.

For cruise related often a bit of research will find a suitable press release from a cruise line.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, laura85 said:

I missed this thread! What is their current strategy compared to other lines?

No worries. The thread was deleted in the name of copyright infringement.

NCLH said it is focusing on what they call longer, more immersive itineraries while the other two are focused on US based shorter sailings, ie 4-7 day Bahamas, Caribbean from Florida. As a result of the longer, more immersive itineraries, NCLH  has cautioned that their occupancy rates will not be as high as originally forecast . Stock is off 15% or so since the announcement.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

NCLH said it is focusing on what they call longer, more immersive itineraries while the other two are focused on US based shorter sailings, ie 4-7 day Bahamas, Caribbean from Florida. As a result of the longer, more immersive itineraries, NCLH  has cautioned that their occupancy rates will not be as high as originally forecast . Stock is off 15% or so since the announcement.

Loving these longer port based cruises with immersive itinerary.

A lot of open jaw making flight logistics not as great.

Great late bookings all over Europe.

Refunds/compensation for failed ports,

too many tenders on some.

The transatlantic are going seriously cheap for November.

My personal opinion is cost cutting is the wrong way to go as people back off booking/cancel not knowing what they are buying when the cost cutting is seen to diminish the product.

Get people wanting to pay more by delivering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Haven't seen those yet for NCL. Maybe 2026!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Me either. In fact, 2024 has been released already. Something isn't quite right with this announcement. I thought I had heard they had record bookings, record yields, record occupancy for 2023 and forward. Now, 2024 is expected to be behind 2019.

Edited by luv2kroooz

34 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

There's been a rumor for at least a year now that Galapagos is in their sights. 2025 was mentioned as a target date but no clue as to which ship or time of year.

31 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Me either. In fact, 2024 has been released already. Something isn't quite right with this announcement. I thought I had heard they had record bookings, record yields, record occupancy for 2023 and forward. Now, 2024 is expected to be behind 2019.

Where do you see that 2024 will be behind 2019, and in what way?  I don't see any direct 2024 to 2019 comparison in the Q3 presentation, but they are estimating 105%-106% occupancy going forward compared to 107% in 2019, and there will be three more ships, so I think that would have to make for an increase in at least bookings, and I think they have stated that average fares are up as well.  

4 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Where do you see that 2024 will be behind 2019, and in what way?  I don't see any direct 2024 to 2019 comparison in the Q3 presentation, but they are estimating 105%-106% occupancy going forward compared to 107% in 2019, and there will be three more ships, so I think that would have to make for an increase in at least bookings, and I think they have stated that average fares are up as well.  

The thread that had all that info has been deleted by the forum due to copyright infringement. Sorry I could not help more.

1 hour ago, Davechipp74 said:

I just logged on here today specifically to read more of that thread.  

Someone pulled the thread...and the whole thing unraveled.

My mom always taught me not to pull a thread...I guess mom knew best (despite what the TV show said).

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

It was the 200 basis points between 105% in 2024 and 107% in 2019. The 2024 was adjusted down that 2% snd supposedly that is what caused yesterday’s spiral. Some had stated that part of yesterday’s (snd now today) was correction and market volatility…which also makes sense.

again, thanks for giving me a heads-up on the copyright…it was really bothering me as I couldn’t see how the thread had gone since I was locked out before the thread went down.

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Wait...is this the post where I was stupid and couldn't tell between a point and percentage? Phew! No one else can see my mistake. 🤠

I doubled laughed on this and wished I could put double laughing faces…so, here you go🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Wait...is this the post where I was stupid and couldn't tell between a point and percentage? Phew! No one else can see my mistake. 🤠

A point is on the end of a pencil.

A percentage has nothing to do with pencils, unless you calculate amounts using one.

Glad I could help...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

A point is on the end of a pencil.

A percentage has nothing to do with pencils, unless you calculate amounts using one.

Glad I could help...

I think a point is that which you are trying to make🤣

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

It was the 200 basis points between 105% in 2024 and 107% in 2019. The 2024 was adjusted down that 2% snd supposedly that is what caused yesterday’s spiral. Some had stated that part of yesterday’s (snd now today) was correction and market volatility…which also makes sense.

again, thanks for giving me a heads-up on the copyright…it was really bothering me as I couldn’t see how the thread had gone since I was locked out before the thread went down.

Ah, okay.  But NCL's assertion is that they will make up for that 2% with higher fares and onboard spend.  I guess the traders pay more attention to the numbers than the explanation.  CYA and all that...  I guess we will see how it turns out.

I'm afraid you are giving me credit I don't deserve for the copyright thing.  I figured the thread was locked because there were too many personal attacks, non-relevant comments and opinions stated as facts.  

8 hours ago, shof515 said:

i like when people post the contents of the article. there is way tooo many news sites that has a paywall or some other restrictions that make reading the article difficult 

Posting the entire contents would be a copyright violation. It’s stealing someone’s intellectual property. Just because the internet has made it easy to do it doesn’t make it right to do it. 

And yes, there are paywalls because the publications are businesses, selling a product. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

I'm afraid you are giving me credit I don't deserve for the copyright thing.

Yes...I was the poster who pointed out the copyright violation as being the likely cause of the thread deletion, and that was later confirmed by Cruise Critic staff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ii went looking for this thread last night and thought the reason I couldn’t find it was Jose Cuervo’s fault or maybe it was Jack 🤨. Wanted to share it with DH as we are stockholders.  Finally assumed it was pulled for reasons known by only those behind the curtain..

it was an informative thread and thank you for posting, sorry it was yanked.  I’m not fluent in stock markets but it seemed odd to me that,  as I read it, all expectations were met or exceeded, but the future projection brought it down in a rather dramatic fashion.  Would have liked to hear the takes of those more knowledgeable in this than I.  Big sigh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Posting the entire contents would be a copyright violation. It’s stealing someone’s intellectual property. Just because the internet has made it easy to do it doesn’t make it right to do it. 

And yes, there are paywalls because the publications are businesses, selling a product. 

As someone who was occasionally paid for writing I don't take copyright violations lightly. When I put my time, effort and expertise into my work I expected to get full benefit of any royalties due me, which could only happen when the publisher got full payment from those reading my work.

• Like 1