Dining on MSC Meraviglia

sungoddess1971

Greetings all!!

I am sailing on the MSC Meraviglia next year and I am having a lot of trouble getting information about how the dining works. My husband and I are going to do the dining package, so we are all set with most dinners, but breakfast and lunch are so confusing.

Where do we eat for those meals and is there a set time, or can we just walk in? We aren't that interested in the Buffet and would rather avoid that, but for breakfast and lunch, how does it work?

Thank you in advance!!!

Edited by sungoddess1971

Breakfast and lunch are usually available in the Waves dining room during specific hours, if you want to avoid the buffet. You will not have a set dining time or table for breakfast and lunch, just show up during the hours they are listed as open in the Daily. I believe MDR breakfast is in the Panorama dining room for disembarkation day. Hola! is also open for lunch most days.

Agree with @JamieLogical, we always ate bkft in dining room, and lunch as well, although if I remember correctly lunch may not be available in dining room days at Ocean Cay and Port days. When you arrive to be seated you will most likely be asked if you want to “share” a table, which they push, but you can insist on a “table for two” if that is your choice, we always did. 

15 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Agree with @JamieLogical, we always ate bkft in dining room, and lunch as well, although if I remember correctly lunch may not be available in dining room days at Ocean Cay and Port days. When you arrive to be seated you will most likely be asked if you want to “share” a table, which they push, but you can insist on a “table for two” if that is your choice, we always did. 

Note that this photo depicts the spacing between tables for two in Waves:

PXL_20230410_160814351.thumb.jpg.6aac5a82a029a7c79a40bec22e6fe67e.jpg

A related question - are tables assigned? We have two cabins, each with their own reservation but both with early dining. One with 4 people, the other with 3. If we all want to sit at the same table do the 7 of us all arrive at the same time and ask to be seated together?

If you are BElla or Fantastica your time and table will be assigned and be on your cruise card when you check in.  If you wish to be seated together you need to go to the dining room at the announced time and request it.  If you are Aurea you have anytime dining either in a section of the MDR or a separate dining room.  There is a regulation that groups seated together must have the same beverage packages, but  replies are mixed as to whether that is being enforced.  EM

4 hours ago, lumofny said:

A related question - are tables assigned? We have two cabins, each with their own reservation but both with early dining. One with 4 people, the other with 3. If we all want to sit at the same table do the 7 of us all arrive at the same time and ask to be seated together?

On the web check-in, you should be able to link your reservations by entering the other party's booking and room number. That should get you assigned to eat together. As, @Essimom said, if you are Bella or Fantastica, you will have an assigned dining room, time, and table, which will be printed on your room keycard.