Strange Timings of Excursions on Silver Dawn June 15, 2024 out of Oslo

gnome12

I booked this sailing over a year ago. When I first looked at excursions, almost all seemed to have morning versions that began at 10 am and afternoon versions that began at 2 pm. I realized that they would probably change because in some cases the times were outside the ship's time in port. I chose a few morning and a few afternoon excursions, as well as a morning excursion in Bergen with an afternoon optional seaplane flight. Then one day, all of the excursion start times were changed. In virtually every case, the excursion shows as beginning right at the beginning of the time in port, usually at 8 am but in one case at 7 am and a few at 9 am. None, except for the trip to North Cape are later than that. And, for Bergen, the morning excursion and the seaplane flight are shown at the same time.

Has anyone else seen this issue? I'm very frustrated by it, and don't know what to do. I'm sure that these times don't make sense, but I don't know when they might be corrected. Thanks for your help.

I regret to say that this is becoming a rather common feature. This has happened on our last 2 Booked Cruises when all the Afternoon Tours were suddenly changed to Early Morning.

Whilst I appreciate that Port Timings etc may change and there may be insufficient numbers to warrent a Morning & Afternoon Tour, it rather makes a mockery of the ability to Book Tours early and in some cases Plan to undertake 2 Tours in one Day. From our experience on none of the occasions did the Port Times change in actual Fact. 

If being crtical it smacks of over Over Promising and Under Delivering ?

We are on Silver Muse in NZ in December and I noticed the same thing - included excursions seem to start at 8 am (now I know this may change a bit when we get closer) so unfortunately no chance of a leisurely start to the day with a bit of a sleep in. Had a similar thing on a mainline cruise to the South Pacific last month with mostly a 9am start for their shore ex. Maybe the way of the future. ☹️

3 hours ago, Mayflower1 said:

I regret to say that this is becoming a rather common feature. This has happened on our last 2 Booked Cruises when all the Afternoon Tours were suddenly changed to Early Morning.

Whilst I appreciate that Port Timings etc may change and there may be insufficient numbers to warrent a Morning & Afternoon Tour, it rather makes a mockery of the ability to Book Tours early and in some cases Plan to undertake 2 Tours in one Day. From our experience on none of the occasions did the Port Times change in actual Fact. 

If being crtical it smacks of over Over Promising and Under Delivering ?

That bothers me. I'm not really a morning person. I wouldn't have much of a  problem with 9 am tours, but to have breakfast before a 7 am tour that is only 3 hours in a place where we are in port from 7 am to 5 pm is crazy, and I really can't go out without breakfast. Thanks for your comments.