Current Covid-19 Policies While Sailing...

Bo1953

Hello All - does anyone know or have experience with what X's current C-19 policy is if diagnosed while sailing?

Sadly,  I have not kept up with it and want to give my friends an idea of the protocol and any additional info I/you can share. 

I do understand that things can change by the time we embark in three (3) weeks or so and I will reach out to X to find what their "official" policy and process is. 

In health and bon voyage 

Edited by Bo1953

35 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Methinks it might be over!

I always enjoy your comments so just being nosey.

Where you off to?

Reflection Barcelona to Civitavecchia embarking 2 Sept ...

13 of us on this sailing... 

Not being nosey, inquiring minds want to know... LOL 

When is your next sailing???

bon voyage

27 minutes ago, Random Cruizer said:

Quarantine in your room for 5 days after positive test, then you can go out with a mask.  Happened to my aunt and uncle on Beyond last month.

Thank you and were they offered a 'pro-rated' refund for days remanded to their cabin?

In health and bon voyage

10 minutes ago, Random Cruizer said:

They didn't say, and I didn't ask.  Sorry I don't have that info for you.

No worries, I fully understand...

Thank you for the info provided regardless...

In health and bon voyage

Bo- good question.  Exactly what is the Covid policy now?  My guess is that most guests will definitely not report if they have any type of cold symptoms.  Unless they are the unlucky few that get worse.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Bo- good question.  Exactly what is the Covid policy now?  My guess is that most guests will definitely not report if they have any type of cold symptoms.  Unless they are the unlucky few that get worse.

tr - I Am bringing quite a few test kits so when I hear that one of my friends do not feel well, bring it out and test... 

Thus the reason for wanting to know about pro-ration of the fare so they will not worry about it..

Thank you again... bon voyage

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

tr - I Am bringing quite a few test kits so when I hear that one of my friends do not feel well, bring it out and test... 

Thus the reason for wanting to know about pro-ration of the fare so they will not worry about it..

Thank you again... bon voyage

Bo, I have enjoyed reading many of your always thoughtful posts.

We carry several test kits with us. Fortunately we have not needed to use them while on board.

We were extremely impressed with the crew's attention to cleaning surfaces, including hand rails on the stairways and "touch" surfaces both outside and inside elevators on Eclipse last December.

It is good to know that like us, you obviously care about the health of everyone on the ship!

I hope you and your traveling companions do not need to use the test kits and have a wonderful cruise!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Bo, I have enjoyed reading many of your always thoughtful posts.

We carry several test kits with us. Fortunately we have not needed to use them while on board.

We were extremely impressed with the crew's attention to cleaning surfaces, including hand rails on the stairways and "touch" surfaces both outside and inside elevators on Eclipse last December.

It is good to know that like us, you obviously care about the health of everyone on the ship!

I hope you and your traveling companions do not need to use the test kits and have a wonderful cruise!

b1 -  you are quite generous with the compliments...

There are 13 of us going on this sailing, all high school friends of My spouse.

Quite a few of us have sailed together before and had a great time.

Since I Am the "ring leader" of this group I want to make sure that everyone arrives and departs in good health... one has not been vaccinated and I never asked who, but need to be sure they are as safe as I can make it for them...

As I told a few friends, the planning for this sailing was like trying to corral a group of feral cats!!! LOL... But it has been fun, for sure.

Where and when is your next sailing?

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1