Wifi - Regular vs. upgrading

LadyBerard

I am technically challenged.  Why upgrade wifi?  What will I be able to do if I upgrade that I cannot do with the regular wifi that I get with my free perks?  I have never upgraded it previously; however, today, I can upgrade for $4.99 per day.  Educate me please.

18 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

I am technically challenged.  Why upgrade wifi?  What will I be able to do if I upgrade that I cannot do with the regular wifi that I get with my free perks?  I have never upgraded it previously; however, today, I can upgrade for $4.99 per day.  Educate me please.

It's all about how much data and how quick you're going to need it. Things like Downloading or up loading big files (like video) will challenge the vasic trarrif. If you're working on conference calls or streaming video like Netflix then you should upgrade. 

If you surfing and doing the odd email or message then the basic is sufficient for your needs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

We had one Basic Plan and one Premium Plan. With the Basic, we could send emails during the entire cruise.  However, if there was a photo attached, it was generally not successful.  With the Premium, the photos went through.  FaceTime was iffy even on the Premium Plan.  It depended where you were located in the Caribbean.

14 minutes ago, keesar said:

We had one Basic Plan and one Premium Plan. With the Basic, we could send emails during the entire cruise.  However, if there was a photo attached, it was generally not successful.  With the Premium, the photos went through.  FaceTime was iffy even on the Premium Plan.  It depended where you were located in the Caribbean.

It was the same speed crossing the Atlantic to Barcelona in the spring time 

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, mcroadman said:

Do I have to pay for premium Wi-Fi for two devices if I am only on one at a time? Can I switch between devices?

you can upgrade only wi-fi account  and yes you can switch between devices.