Why does NCL keep sending me our air confirmation when it has not changed?

ontheweb

This has to be about the 4th time they sent it after the original was sent. Every time I get one of these e-mails, I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that the flights have changed. Will we have to get new seats this late? Will we have to let the new flight know we want vegetarian meals? And every time is exactly the same.

BTW, our flight out to the cruise is tomorrow.

Edited by ontheweb
added second paragraph

36 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

This has to be about the 4th time they sent it after the original was sent. Every time I get one of these e-mails, I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that the flights have changed. Will we have to get new seats this late? Will we have to let the new flight know we want vegetarian meals? And every time is exactly the same.

BTW, our flight out to the cruise is tomorrow.

Check to make sure your seats have not changed.  I read that somewhere else that is why it happened to someone else. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, shof515 said:

most likely an airline issue. in the past i have received emails from an airline that my flight time was changed and the only that changed was a minute or two from the departure or arrival time

This is exactly what happened with my flight as well.  I called and confirmed the change, checked also to confirm my seat was the same as well.  All good.  

54 minutes ago, shof515 said:

most likely an airline issue. in the past i have received emails from an airline that my flight time was changed and the only that changed was a minute or two from the departure or arrival time

Exactly. I have also received emails from the airline saying "your flight has changed," and it's never been a cancellation or anything dramatic. It was usually a change in the schedule by a minute or two. Once it was a change in the flight number, and another time they substituted a different kind of aircraft. Didn't affect my travel plans AT ALL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

No, every time I check the times against the original, they are the same.

2 hours ago, chris153 said:

Check to make sure your seats have not changed.  I read that somewhere else that is why it happened to someone else. 

I did not know NCL has anything to do with the seat assignments. 

I in fact just called NCL a little while ago because I had some questions. And after asking and having them answered, I noted that every time they sent me the airline stuff again, I worried that things had changed and we were going to have to get seats assigned again and let them know about vegetarian meals. She then looked at our flights and said nothing had changed and wondered to why they sent them several times. 

Feel like I've been getting my Air Confirmations once a week since they were assigned.  Brightside, I haven't received any emails about watching the muster drill again yet.  Still have 9 days so that can change.

• Haha 1

It is, of course, one thing for people here to know "what" NCL is doing.

What I don't get is the reason behind the belief that people on an Internet forum could explain "why" NCL does something.

Is the expectation here based on the belief that NCL reaches out to CC members to inform them of the reasoning behind their corporate decisions?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I did not know NCL has anything to do with the seat assignments. 

I in fact just called NCL a little while ago because I had some questions. And after asking and having them answered, I noted that every time they sent me the airline stuff again, I worried that things had changed and we were going to have to get seats assigned again and let them know about vegetarian meals. She then looked at our flights and said nothing had changed and wondered to why they sent them several times. 

I have been told by people on Cruise Critic that anytime you log into your NCL account online, that triggers another mailer/brochure from them in the mail. And I wouldn't doubt it. Anytime I log into my American Airlines app to check on an upcoming flight, I get a notification in my Google calendar that my "flight has changed." I offer that as a possible explanation for why contacting NCL about ANYTHING might prompt them to tell you things have changed, when in reality, they haven't.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, omahabob said:

They switched from peanuts to almonds, so everybody had to get new confirmations. Probably just a system thing.

Almonds are more expensive.  They have to cut cost again, so it's back to peanuts.

Wait for your confirmation email.  (Then they'll change it to a piece of cracker)

4 hours ago, WickedRed said:

Feel like I've been getting my Air Confirmations once a week since they were assigned.  Brightside, I haven't received any emails about watching the muster drill again yet.  Still have 9 days so that can change.

Just got the watch the muster drill video reminder for the first time today, in fact 2 of them sent 1minute apart. Flight if tomorrow, cruise is 2 days after that.

• Haha 2