How do you cancel a carnival excursion

firefly333

In the past I've only booked onboard. I'm also not liking there are no excursion discounts, or sales or codes. 

Let's say black Friday there is a excursion code. How do you cancel. Is it a simple matter of going into transactions or some place and clicking cancel or do I need to call. 

I see top 10 aruba sold out. We just got some new slots for Panama canal big excursion at a new higher price of $194.99. I finally decided on a couple and checked out, but I'm wondering how hard it is to cancel if there are better deals later on. They sure look expensive compared to how royal always discounts ahead of the cruise. 

Anyone take a excursion they loved to aruba? It's a new port for me, and I dont see anything that grabs me. I finally decided on the ostrich farm in curacao and the open air train thru the jungle in costa rica. Both new ports for me. Any suggestions are welcome. Being solo imo booking independent isnt a big savings for 1 person, usually cruiseline stuff not a bad deal, but these sure look high to me. 

Was there a sale on excursions last black friday? 

Excursion sales are limited, and happen once in a while.  No telling when they might do it again.  Excursions have been going up in price tremendously so I would not hold my breath.  There were whole threads on this.

To cancel is easy.  You go into your booking under booking order and details, find the excursion and click on the edit button,  In the next screen click on the "check" boxes next to each persons name under the "Remove Item" header, and click confirm.

You will be refunded in the form you paid with, which will take varying amounts of time depending on if it was a credit card or gift card.  If you used OBC to purchase it will show back up in your OBC total immediately.

Note:  I would take a screen shot of the cancellation page, sometimes you will get an email confirmation for the change and sometime you will not.  That way you are assured you have documentation.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

Excursion sales are limited, and happen once in a while.  No telling when they might do it again.  Excursions have been going up in price tremendously so I would not hold my breath.  There were whole threads on this.

To cancel is easy.  You go into your booking under booking orders and details, find the excursion and click on the edit button,  In the next screen click on the "check" boxes next to each persons name under the "Remove Item" header, and click confirm.

You will be refunded in the form you paid with, which will take varying amounts of time depending on if it was a credit card or gift card.  If you used OBC to purchase it will show back up in your OBC total immediately.

Note:  I would take a screen shot of you the cancellation page, sometimes you will get an email confirmation for the change and sometime you will not.  That way you are assured you have documentation.

Thanks for the detail. I screen shot your instructions. Usually I do same old out of Galveston but this one on carnival for 2 weeks has new ports for me. Rcl I got a 30% off, then last black friday 35% off. Booked some cheaper than a taxi fare. .. nothing like that so far at carnival. I saw one promo for wifi and a discounted excursion, but wifi for 2 weeks is more than I wanted to pay to get a discounted excursion. I'd do a steak house meal deal with excursion. 

I hate to pay full price but the whole reason for this cruise was the new ports. Just starting to worry stuff will sell out. I saw a $29 deal to a beach yesterday, gone today. Most everything seems to be $64.99. So I booked the 2, just was hoping for a better deal. 

We were just at both Curacao and Aruba.

For Curacao, I highly recommend a DIY walking tour of the city. Here's a link to the one we did:

Architectural Walking Guide - Historic Willemstad | Curacao, the Caribbean Getaway

For Aruba, we went to De Palm Island. Also, highly recommended. We did the sea trek helmet dive, but they also have a snuba trip and a beach day.

Let me know if you have questions about either idea.

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks for the detail. I screen shot your instructions. Usually I do same old out of Galveston but this one on carnival for 2 weeks has new ports for me. Rcl I got a 30% off, then last black friday 35% off. Booked some cheaper than a taxi fare. .. nothing like that so far at carnival. I saw one promo for wifi and a discounted excursion, but wifi for 2 weeks is more than I wanted to pay to get a discounted excursion. I'd do a steak house meal deal with excursion. 

I hate to pay full price but the whole reason for this cruise was the new ports. Just starting to worry stuff will sell out. I saw a $29 deal to a beach yesterday, gone today. Most everything seems to be $64.99. So I booked the 2, just was hoping for a better deal. 

$64.99 for an excursion these days is on the low end... most times you are going to be looking at almost $100 or more for anything decent.

We love ports with Cabanas, but booked our last one of these for a while in HMC  We used to pay like $249 for the day... then it was in the $300 range, then in the $400... it is $600 now! 😱

36 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

For Curacao, I highly recommend a DIY walking tour of the city. Here's a link to the one we did:

Architectural Walking Guide - Historic Willemstad | Curacao, the Caribbean Getaway

For Aruba, we went to De Palm Island. Also, highly recommended. We did the sea trek helmet dive, but they also have a snuba trip and a beach day.

So I clicked on your link. It says download, so I downloaded and see a bunch of buildings listed. Is this a free do it yourself walking tour. I cant find a price. Self guided?

I finally just booked the ostrich farm in curacao. It got reviews as being fun. Not as interested in chici art I hear is dolls?  The open air train has no reviews and doesnt look exactly what I picture as open air. I'm not looking for a beach but rather see the ports I havent seen before. Thanks. 

They might not seem expensive to carnival pax, but I'm used to seeing everything pre cruise discounted. Booked thse for costa Rica and curacao.  Nothing booked for aruba, the other new port to me. Can I just get off and walk around and see anything. How far is town.

20230803_112629.jpg

Edited by firefly333

32 minutes ago, wemjam said:

$64.99 for an excursion these days is on the low end... most times you are going to be looking at almost $100 or more for anything decent.

We love ports with Cabanas, but booked our last one of these for a while in HMC  We used to pay like $249 for the day... then it was in the $300 range, then in the $400... it is $600 now! 😱

I'm looking for NOT beach. And solo I cant imagine booking a cabana by myself. I want to see these ports. Thanks for the idea. I do wish carnival has planner stuff with some discount. I'd pre book steak house too. No incentive to pre book seems odd. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

So I clicked on your link. It says download, so I downloaded and see a bunch of buildings listed. Is this a free do it yourself walking tour. I cant find a price. Self guided?

It's free, self-guided, do it yourself.

However, it does have museums on the list of things to see, which you can choose to go into, or not.  Those have a cost, obviously. We also went by tons of shops, restaurants, and such, that we could choose to stop in at our leisure.

We didn't come close to finishing it.  Actually, less than halfway. We hope to get back to Curacao one day to finish the tour!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm looking for NOT beach. And solo I cant imagine booking a cabana by myself. I want to see these ports. Thanks for the idea. I do wish carnival has planner stuff with some discount. I'd pre book steak house too. No incentive to pre book seems odd. 

There may not be a stated incentive to pre-book, but I have found on two previous cruises this summer and one more coming up in September that most excursion prices increased closer to sailing date, sometimes significantly, such as over 20%.  My cruises were/are all in Europe this year.  I don't know if the same pricing issues happen with Caribbean itineraries.   I would assume so.  Also, some excursions sold out while I was still deciding.  

My advice is to book when you see something that appeals to you and keep checking to see if other alternatives become available.   I found it easy to cancel when I changed my mind.   The refund was posted to my credit card account within a few days.   Some people have reported issues with refunds if they booked with a gift card.  I have no personal experience with that.  

As for Aruba, on my stops there, the ship docked close to town, and it was an easy walk to explore on my own.   Assuming your ship docks in the same location, you don't need an excursion if you are fine with walking around the town.  I don't remember anything particular about the town - typical Caribbean town with shops and restaurants.  You could get more detailed information on the Aruba port of call board.  

My sister and I did a catamaran ride with snorkeling as an excursion in Aruba, even though we don't snorkel.   The tour guide said when we told her we didn't snorkel, "We aren't going throw you overboard if you want to stay on the boat."  We found it a great deal of fun and would do it again.  

Edited by Joanne G.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Joanne G. said:

There may not be a stated incentive to pre-book, but I have found on two previous cruises this summer and one more coming up in September that most excursion prices increased closer to sailing date, sometimes significantly, such as over 20%.  My cruises were/are all in Europe this year.  I don't know if the same pricing issues happen with Caribbean itineraries.   I would assume so.  Also, some excursions sold out while I was still deciding.  

My advice is to book when you see something that appeals to you and keep checking to see if other alternatives become available.   I found it easy to cancel when I changed my mind.   The refund was posted to my credit card account within a few days.   Some people have reported issues with refunds if they booked with a gift card.  I have no personal experience with that.  

As for Aruba, on my stops there, the ship docked close to town, and it was an easy walk to explore on my own.   Assuming your ship docks in the same location, you don't need an excursion if you are fine with walking around the town.  I don't remember anything particular about the town - typical Caribbean town with shops and restaurants.  You could get more detailed information on the Aruba port of call board.  

My sister and I did a catamaran ride with snorkeling as an excursion in Aruba, even though we don't snorkel.   The tour guide said when we told her we didn't snorkel, "We aren't going throw you overboard if you want to stay on the boat."  We found it a great deal of fun and would do it again.  

Yea that Panama canal excursion I think was $159 I mentioned above very early on, last year. Now it's back at $194.99 as I mentioned. I've been booked a very long time and getting close. I am sure since mid last year prices have increased a lot, now I'm stuck with the higher prices but after a few sold out I am booking today. Top 10 Aruba says sold out. There is still a best of aruba left. Doesnt sound as good for me. Does landmarks, baby bridge and some rock formations that kind. Top 10 goes to a bird sanctuary I'd like. My extended family is into birds. 

I have done some excursion boat rides and enjoyed them, got burnt to a crisp. Lol. My dermatologist has told me repeatedly stay out of the sun. I've had a lot of skin cancers from my tennis days, too much sun. I love the sun. 

I'm really scratching my head what to book. I've only done colon Panama and Columbia once, so those ports id even like something fun to do. 6 ports. 5 I want to do something. 

Thanks for your response.

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm really scratching my head what to book. I've only done colon Panama and Columbia once, so those ports id even like something fun to do. 6 ports. 5 I want to do something.

Off topic but I wonder if we are on the same cruise (Carnival Dream out of Galveston January 13-27, 2024).

If so we are doing:

Jamaica--Bobsled, Mystic Mountain, Dunn's  River Falls

Aruba-'Kakoo kunuka Bus & Beach Break

Curacao--Family Combo: Caves, Snorkeling, Sights, & Beach

Columbia--Sea Rumba & Old City Tour

Panama Canal--Grand Tour (Eco, Indians, Locks)

Costa Rica--Veragua Rain Forest ziplining & Tram Combo

Cozumel--Ultimate  Combo ( Mayan Ruins, Snorkeling, & Lunch)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aubriee01 said:

Off topic but I wonder if we are on the same cruise (Carnival Dream out of Galveston January 13-27, 2024).

If so we are doing:

Jamaica--Bobsled, Mystic Mountain, Dunn's  River Falls

Aruba-'Kakoo kunuka Bus & Beach Break

Curacao--Family Combo: Caves, Snorkeling, Sights, & Beach

Columbia--Sea Rumba & Old City Tour

Panama Canal--Grand Tour (Eco, Indians, Locks)

Costa Rica--Veragua Rain Forest ziplining & Tram Combo

Cozumel--Ultimate  Combo ( Mayan Ruins, Snorkeling, & Lunch)

We are on the same cruise. Wow you are so organized and booked every port. I just decided today to get busy. I sure thought about some of these. Each I see has something I'm so so about. I saw some poor east side roatan and felt so bad, now I dont book those kind. Panama canal I had that one in my check out but it's gone. Did it sell out?

I seem to just kind of wander in and out of cruises compared to your organization. Hope to meet you. 

10 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We did the first one of these years ago and later the Otrabanda, further down. We even ventured to the hole-in-the-wall bar for green rum but I wouldn’t recommend that area for a solo.

Several years ago in Aruba, we booked a tour with a taxi driver “Bully”, highly recommended on here at the time and teamed up with other people from our roll call for a comprehensive tour of the island since it was our first visit.

Edited by c-leg5

Hey @firefly333 you could try shoreex.com or Viator for other excursion options. You may also see some of the ones you were interested in that show sold out through the ship.

Lucy's in Aruba has a great key lime dessert that is worth the whole trip! We had a late port there and just walked out to the right when we got off the ship - lots of shopping (didn't go in anywhere as that's not what we were there for) then got to the food places on the right. We sat right at the water watching the sunset. Very local vibe; would feel comfortable doing solo.

As for the ostrich farm - it was interesting but for me a "one and done." An ostrich tried to steal my sisters phone, just saying they have no manners, lol.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Ah, thanks for the link to the walking tour guide.  We're going to Curacao on our next cruise, and didn't see any excursions that really caught our eye.

OP, in Aruba we did the "Kukoo Kunuku Open Air Bus & Beach Break" and had a blast.  It does tend to not linger nearly as long as we would have liked at the sights (at the chapel and the lighthouse - but it does stay a while, we just like to really soak it all in), but was fun and silly, and had a nice stop at a beach where we enjoyed a couple beers each and took some nice photos.