nite light

propwash17

Our past 3-4 cruises have had motion sensor lights that come on at night and are very bright.  My husband usually stuffs towels along the crack so they don't bother us at night.  I have looked for small night lights that will fit into the electric shaver plug-in, but have never found one. Please let me know if anyone has found something that will work as a small nite-lite.  One night I couldn't find the door to get back to bed.  

Thanks,,,, judy

The small battery candles work for me in the bathroom at night.  When we were on a Seabourn cruise the ship had them in the bathroom, a nice touch.  I found a small battery operated clock at Walmart (mfg by Sharp)..It is completely black until you push down on the top and then it lights in blue to show the time.  I keep it by the bed and use it like a push button gentle flashlight when I need to find the bathroom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, propwash17 said:

Our past 3-4 cruises have had motion sensor lights that come on at night and are very bright.  My husband usually stuffs towels along the crack so they don't bother us at night.  I have looked for small night lights that will fit into the electric shaver plug-in, but have never found one. Please let me know if anyone has found something that will work as a small nite-lite.  One night I couldn't find the door to get back to bed.  

Thanks,,,, judy

There are some really easy to use night lights that several people on some threads here ordered from Amazon. They're operated by a tiny battery that keeps its charge for a very long time. You don't replace the battery, it just needs recharging when it loses it's life. We bought some for our house a couple of months ago: they come on each night and morning, and we still haven't had to recharge them. They're motions sensitive, very dependable.

Perfect for a cruise. The ones we have are Lyridz Rechargeable Night Light, but others have used some other brands.

The plug-in ones are usually much brighter and on all the time, and you need a plug in the right place! These battery ones come with tape and a magnet, but you can use without the tape (or magnet).

• Like 1

I use motion-sensor nightlights (something like this). I put one in the bathroom, and one near the ground by the door to remind me of the LARGE step into the bathroom.
IMG_1364.jpeg.7bd099ea0e074e0f871f3a6ad770b029.jpeg

I don’t like keeping the bathroom light on and cracking the door because when I’d go in it would be blindingly bright! 😳 

• Like 1

I use a mini-mag flashlight I won on a HAL cruise many years ago. It's about the size of a ball-point pen, turns on/off easily, and isn't so bright it wakes me completely. 
Take the batteries out when back home, and they last for years. 

1 hour ago, propwash17 said:

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas,,, just wonder how many I need for a 51-day cruise?

The lights such as the ones @dobiemomshowed or the ones I mentioned come in packs of three. I'm pretty sure that would be more than enough for a 51 day cruise, if you charge them before going. As I said, we've been using mine for well over a month without charging, all three at the same time. If you use one at a time, you're probably okay for a 5 month cruise!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, propwash17 said:

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas,,, just wonder how many I need for a 51-day cruise?

The lights I have are USB rechargeable. Not sure how long one charge lasts but I charge them at home and they last all week.  

• Like 1

I purchased these to have a bathroom nightlight on the Zaandam. It fit in the shaver outlet on the wall. (Six lights for under $10.00.) Now using several in my hallways at home. I keep one in my suitcase for whenever we travel now.

5178CF87-BB0D-4E2E-B501-54C684DE879F.jpeg

Edited by PolythenePam57
  • Like 1

I use a small plug in LED night light I bought from IKEA. Off during the day, on at night. It’s not too bright, when on, and no need for batteries or charge cable. Also, you can position the light to shine up, down, left or right - in other words, not in your eyes. It’s about the size of a golf ball, so not too big either. 

On 8/6/2023 at 12:58 PM, H2Osign said:

I use a small plug in LED night light I bought from IKEA. Off during the day, on at night. It’s not too bright, when on, and no need for batteries or charge cable. Also, you can position the light to shine up, down, left or right - in other words, not in your eyes. It’s about the size of a golf ball, so not too big either. 

I have what I suspect is the same light from Ikea, called Ljuster ($4).  They also have Morkradd, ($9 for two).  Both products plug into a standard US outlet, and have light sensors that keep them off when the bathroom light is on, and on when the bathroom light is off.  Both draw miniscule amounts of power, so easily used in a shaver outlet.

I found the motion activated night light on Konningsdam to be great.  If you are asleep, its off.

Was sad to find they did not install them on Rotterdam (Ill let you know about NS when I still her this fall).

Shaver outlets are great for a light in any stateroom bathroom.