Did the final payment date change for suites?

Ken the cruiser

I just noticed this evening, after comparing some of our recent Princess confirmations with ones with same booking numbers dated prior to May 2022, the time period has changed. The ones where we booked a vista suite, the final payment date now appears to be only 90 days prior to embarkation day, like non-suite bookings, rather than 120 days like they were prior to May 2022. 

Has anyone else noticed this change?

I should think having more time before final payment would be a welcome change. I wouldn't want to have to make final payment while still 120 days out if I can wait until only 90 days out.

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I should think having more time before final payment would be a welcome change. I wouldn't want to have to make final payment while still 120 days out if I can wait until only 90 days out.

We agree. It gives us another month to buy $5000 more in gift cards to put towards the cost of the cruise! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We agree. It gives us another month to buy $5000 more in gift cards to put towards the cost of the cruise! 😂

Do you buy them from AARP? I saw a thread about this a while back, and need to find it since our final payment is in Sept.

8 hours ago, donswife said:

Do you buy them from AARP? I saw a thread about this a while back, and need to find it since our final payment is in Sept.

Here's one of the main threads discussing the gift cards.

Here's the AARP link that will take you to the cruise line gift cards once you're either logged on with your AARP account or onto one of their free AARP Rewards accounts.

AARP Rewards: Explore Ways to Reward Yourself

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

What happens when one uses the gift cards to pay toward the cost of the cruise and then you have to cancel for some reason.  What type of refund do you get.  Are the gift cards reinstated or are you given back some other sort of credit.

1 minute ago, kitty2264 said:

What happens when one uses the gift cards to pay toward the cost of the cruise and then you have to cancel for some reason.  What type of refund do you get.  Are the gift cards reinstated or are you given back some other sort of credit.

From my understanding from reading the comments in the above thread and others, the Princess GCs are repopulated with those funds if the cruise is cancelled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

I'm about to find out. We aren't cancelling a cruise but, instead, are adding an additional 31 days to the existing bookings. We paid for our current bookings with gift cards but now need to cancel the flight to Melbourne. We will soon see if the funds can be transferred to the new bookings or if they are returned to gift cards. Our TA was going to try for the former but with Princess no one can really be sure what will happen. One rep may say "No way!" while another might say, "Certainly!". In the past I've used the "call back and get another rep" method for a few things but these days it seems that almost anybody you get on the phone is utterly clueless.

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'm about to find out. We aren't cancelling a cruise but, instead, are adding an additional 31 days to the existing bookings. We paid for our current bookings with gift cards but now need to cancel the flight to Melbourne. We will soon see if the funds can be transferred to the new bookings or if they are returned to gift cards. Our TA was going to try for the former but with Princess no one can really be sure what will happen. One rep may say "No way!" while another might say, "Certainly!". In the past I've used the "call back and get another rep" method for a few things but these days it seems that almost anybody you get on the phone is utterly clueless.

Definitely keep us posted...(although I know you will!)

I think I may have found my answer on a Princess FAQ about gift cards.  Thanks for the responses.

Q:  If I have used my Princess Cruises Gift Card to pay for my cruise and I cancel my cruise and am entitled to a refund, how can I receive my refund?
A:  If you have your original Princess Cruises Gift Card, a credit will be added back to your original card so please keep your card even after you use the entire value of the card.  If you do not have the original card, contact Princess Cruises Gift Card Customer service at 1-833-907-3079 and a new Princess Cruises Gift Card will be sent to you.

• Like 2