C&A Johnny Rockets Coupons Needed

To be the devil's advocate, I'll disagree. (Not with trying to be generally cordial, which civility demands of all of us, I'm sure.)

But it's not like asking someone to share a 'friends' coupon which is meant to be passed on, and is also worth $50, well worth asking someone to take the hassle of finding it and gathering an envelope and stamp and your address and mailing it to you.

A C & A coupon is not meant to be passed on. So the OP, in addition to running the risk of being labeled cheap for asking someone to go to all that trouble for a nominal charge, is also asking to flout the rules.

And of course, we never break the rules, right? :rolleyes:

To me, it's a little like asking someone to mail you their used coke sticker so they can us it again. When her friends book their 2nd RCI cruise, they'll get a coupon book of their very own!

JMHO.

I have to agree with Travelgrrl on this one. C&A benefits are meant for C&A members and that is that. If folks start finding ways round the system maybe the benefits will end up being reduced or the program cancelled. C&A members will only have themselves to blame if they are the ones handing out the coupons to those who don't qualify.

Travelgrrl and Ocean Boy have it right on this one. The coupons are a benefit that has been earned and are not meant to be passed around. If Diamond C&A members or suite passengers started lending their Concierge Club key to everyone people would be up in arms about how wrong it was to do so. It's no different here. The OP is asking people to break the rules. If some chastizing results, so be it.

Travelgrrl and Ocean Boy have it right on this one. The coupons are a benefit that has been earned and are not meant to be passed around. If Diamond C&A members or suite passengers started lending their Concierge Club key to everyone people would be up in arms about how wrong it was to do so. It's no different here. The OP is asking people to break the rules. If some chastizing results, so be it.

superjerryw now you have gone over the top about breaking the rules. We are not talking about a Conciege key we are talking about a Johnny Rockets coupon that someone is not using. I guess you don't bring liquor on board with you or save chairs, and I guess the waiter in the dining room always charge you for opening a bottle of wine, but you probably tell him you are breaking the rules I have to pay you $12 (breaking the rules--give me a break). RCCL is draining all of us out of every little penny they can get but that another subject.

superjerryw now you have gone over the top about breaking the rules. We are not talking about a Conciege key we are talking about a Johnny Rockets coupon that someone is not using. I guess you don't bring liquor on board with you or save chairs, and I guess the waiter in the dining room always charge you for opening a bottle of wine, but you probably tell him you are breaking the rules I have to pay you $12 (breaking the rules--give me a break). RCCL is draining all of us out of every little penny they can get but that another subject.

So what you're saying is that it's OK to break the rules depending on which one they are. Giving away JR coupons is OK, but giving away the Concierge key is not. You either abide by the rules or you don't. As for your other comments, I don't bring liquor on board as I seldom drink, and the waiter doesn't have to charge me $12 to open a bottle of wine since I don't drink wine either. As for saving chairs, you will never see me sitting by the pool. If you look through my old posts you'll see that I always recommend getting a nice chair in the shade on another deck away from the commotion of the pool area. Please don't be guided by my sense of virtues. You just go ahead and choose whatever rules you wish to follow. When other people break the rules that think should not be broken, you have no one to blame but yourself.:p

I guess you got it like that. I'm leaving on a b2b on Grandeur next month to bad they don't have a Johnny Rockets because I would take you up on that.

Hey, neighbor, I've got a tip for you. Just point your car down I-395 North and stop at Pentagon City. You can have your Johnny Rockets experience right there in the mall. ;)

All kidding aside, muscleman, if this was your first cruise, what would you rather have--a bottle of wine in your cabin? A cheese tray? Or perhaps, a pre-cruise gift of a guide book or some other cruise related item? Something that might encourage them to try cruising again (and earning those C&A coupons...)

And the others are right about the C&A rules. I don't want my benefits reduced or cancelled, either. And we pay the corkage fees, don't sneak on liquor, share soft drink stickers, either...we follow the rules.

For those of you who responded kindly, thank you. For everyone else, is this what this board has been reduced to? I have spent many months reading all of your posts to better educate myself on the cruising experience. Now as soon as make a post, I get slammed!!

There are several posts out there stating that C&A members should leave unused coupons in the safe as a surprise for the next cruisers. Isn't this basically the same thing? I am already a C&A member and get the coupons, however, the couple we are travelling with have never cruised before. We figured it would be a nice surprise for them to eat greasy hamburgers and fries with us overlooking the water for free (we have all done JR onshore and know it's no big thing). It's not that we are cheap about this, however, we are already paying for the cruise and have no desire to pay extra money for JR food if we don't have to. Why should these coupons go to waste if they don't have to? Since we are already paying for the cruise, a tour in each port, and even paying to decorate their cabin for one of their birthdays, I would hardly call us cheap.

On a final note, I do realize we all have different opinions, however, this board is not meant to be a place where people get bashed for their opinions. Up to now I thought this board was friendly, and some of you were, but it makes me hesitant to ask a question about anything again.

Tigger76mco - ignore all that rubbish. For some reason, they get enjoyment in not being helpful - but being a "Critic". Don't take it personally. Some people find it entertaining like the Jerry Springer Show. So often you hear on cruise ships about people talking about this board and the "hateful" way people post and attack. What's more funny is when they talk about specific posters at the Mix and Mingle. Sometimes by ID - sometimes by the Avatar. Even then I don't think it would stop some of them.

Anyway.. to answer your question.. sorry.. I don't have any as I gave mine to some other posters. I don't give a who-ha about the C&A and stuff and if I want to pass my perks along to others it's no big deal. But that's just my "Critic" opinion. :)

Speaking very calmly, with no sarcasm or ridicule intended:

It's a matter of doing something dishonorable, IMO, that gets people upset. I've posted in the last 24 hours on this same subject, without good grace, I might add.

I asked DH his opinion, since he is a man of well placed, and "cut to the meat of the matter" words, type of guy. He sums it up with, "would you encourage your children to go out and solicite answers to their math test at school to save themselves the time and trouble of learning it? Is this what you would want them growing up to do? No? Then why would you behave similarly as an adult? What's the example being set?"

So, those of us that have received said coupons legitimately tend to object to others asking for them dishonorably. Peggy

If someone chooses to leave coupons behind in their stateroom that is their choice, I have not read any posts stating that C&A members have to do so in order to surprise the next guest. In addition the coupons may very well be thrown away by the stateroom attendant or the next cruiser might not be interested in them and they get discarded as well, so it is not the same thing as someone soliciting for coupons.

The problem, IMO, is if you really want to do something nice for your friend, why not share your coupons? Maybe if you have two coupon books why not give one to your friends? I am all for saving money, but to me Johnny Rocket's is not a neccesity and the coupons were intended as an incentive to Crown and Anchor members, so after their first cruise they will be entitled to them as well.

Also, there have been opinions stated about bashing newbies asking questions, my take on this post is it is not a "question" or cruise realted in any way. It is simply for the gain of the OP and therefore of no benefit to anyone else reading this board.I respond to several questions on this board, and I am sure many other people who posted in this thread do the same as well,so new posters should not fear asking valid questions.

Hey, neighbor, I've got a tip for you. Just point your car down I-395 North and stop at Pentagon City. You can have your Johnny Rockets experience right there in the mall. ;)

All kidding aside, muscleman, if this was your first cruise, what would you rather have--a bottle of wine in your cabin? A cheese tray? Or perhaps, a pre-cruise gift of a guide book or some other cruise related item? Something that might encourage them to try cruising again (and earning those C&A coupons...)

And the others are right about the C&A rules. I don't want my benefits reduced or cancelled, either. And we pay the corkage fees, don't sneak on liquor, share soft drink stickers, either...we follow the rules.

Hey neighbor, I make that drive down 95 and 395 everyday. And I do go to Johnny Rockets for lunch sometimes since I work right across the street. I don't remember getting a bottle of wine and cheese tray on my first cruise from RCCL but I did get one from my TA.

[quote name='muscleman']Hey neighbor, I make that drive down 95 and 395 everyday. And I do go to Johnny Rockets for lunch sometimes since I work right across the street. I don't remember getting a bottle of wine and cheese tray on my first cruise from RCCL but I did get one from my TA.[/quote]

Whew, you've got quite a commute!

On our first cruise we got wine and cheese--made us feel so special. We've been hooked on cruising every since. :)

And finally, did you think JR's was, as they say, "all that?" I've been there, and it's OK, but I don't think I'd miss it on a cruise ship or go out of my way to eat there.

[quote name='tigger76mco']For those of you who responded kindly, thank you. For everyone else, is this what this board has been reduced to? I have spent many months reading all of your posts to better educate myself on the cruising experience. Now as soon as make a post, I get slammed!!

There are several posts out there stating that C&A members should leave unused coupons in the safe as a surprise for the next cruisers. Isn't this basically the same thing? I am already a C&A member and get the coupons, however, the couple we are travelling with have never cruised before. We figured it would be a nice surprise for them to eat greasy hamburgers and fries with us overlooking the water for free (we have all done JR onshore and know it's no big thing). It's not that we are cheap about this, however, we are already paying for the cruise and have no desire to pay extra money for JR food if we don't have to. Why should these coupons go to waste if they don't have to? Since we are already paying for the cruise, a tour in each port, and even paying to decorate their cabin for one of their birthdays, I would hardly call us cheap.

On a final note, I do realize we all have different opinions, however, this board is not meant to be a place where people get bashed for their opinions. Up to now I thought this board was friendly, and some of you were, but it makes me hesitant to ask a question about anything again.[/quote]

I think sharing [I]your [/I]coupons with your friends would be a wonderful idea.

I put all the freebie stuff we get in the ladies room on board ship: the fanny packs, postcards, key chains, etc., etc. We even gave our free wine to our room steward.

But, I believe the C&A coupon, along with the possiblity of being checked against the person's SeaPass card, should be used by the person it's intended for.

I'm not trying to be abusive, don't think I am at all. I just think it's cheating.

I'm with Andi...etc......it would be a very nice gesture to share your own C&A coupons, and accompany them to JRs, and use the coupon for their meal.

Good Grief!

The OP's request is no different than people posting requests looking for unused C&A coupons. :rolleyes:

To the OP, my parents/brother/daughter will be leaving for their cruise next weekend. If they return from their cruise with ther JR tickets I'll let you know and would be happy to send them to you so you can share with your friends.

So I guess all of you above posters that are ANTI passing on of the C&A coupons will be APPALLED to go look on Ebay to see that there are at least 15 of the coupon books for sale!! all with bids on them- Perish the thought!!!!

[quote name='molly361']So I guess all of you above posters that are ANTI passing on of the C&A coupons will be APPALLED to go look on Ebay to see that there are at least 15 of the coupon books for sale!! all with bids on them- Perish the thought!!!![/quote]

I'm not a bit appalled. Nor will I be appalled when those selling them come on here complaining that the cruise line has stopped issuing them due to abuse.

Cruise lines are tightening up the booze policies. Why? Because people abused it and continue to do so even as the policies tighten more. This won't be any different. People don't seem to realize that perks disappear, one after another, due to abuse.

At least, that's what I see as happening.

Archived