First Solo Cruise - NCL Sky 12 Night Carribean

Dieselmedicine

After a grueling year and a half grind for my Paramedic program, looking at the light at the end of the tunnel and planning some much needed vacation time to celebrate. Booked the 12 night out of La Romana, DR next march. Have enough vacation accrual so I'll be doing 5 nights before the cruise and 7 after at two different hotels/resorts in the area. Looking forward to reading through the tips here and making the most of the trip. 

Congratulations!  You have some great ports on that itinerary.  Suggest you explore the ports of call boards here for the Caribbean.  Also, if you don’t already have a passport, suggest you start the process soon, as it has been taking months.  EM

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dieselmedicine said:

After a grueling year and a half grind for my Paramedic program, looking at the light at the end of the tunnel and planning some much needed vacation time to celebrate. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Lots to learn here. It doesn't look like you have a Roll Call yet to join. I'll keep watching!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

with sub-boards for many islands.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

To ask line (or ship) -specific questions.

Congrats on your Paramedic achievement! 

• Like 1

You’re going to love Solo cruising! I did my first 11 night solo trip this past April and had an incredible time, I met a great group of people who I am now going on a 16 night solo trip with him!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, corleb said:

You’re going to love Solo cruising! I did my first 11 night solo trip this past April and had an incredible time, I met a great group of people who I am now going on a 16 night solo trip with him!

My last experience was tagging along and sharing a suite with my parents in my early 20s. So definitely looking forward to my own trip at 38. 

My first cruise was a solo at 32 and my next solo is a 15 day TA on NCL. There’s a great solo board on CC worth checking out. Best part of cruising solo is not having to share small cabins with someone and having the king size bed to yourself.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 12:37 PM, Dieselmedicine said:

Booked the 12 night out of La Romana, DR next march. Have enough vacation accrual so I'll be doing 5 nights before the cruise and 7 after at two different hotels/resorts in the area. 

Hi Diesel!

Speak of the devil -- someone has started the Roll Call for your cruise. Of course there will only be the two of you to begin, but it has to start somewhere!

And here's that Solo board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/279-solo-cruisers/

I did also want to say, I like your itinerary -- all three ABC Islands in one cruise is on my bucket list.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Hi Diesel!

Speak of the devil -- someone has started the Roll Call for your cruise. Of course there will only be the two of you to begin, but it has to start somewhere!

And here's that Solo board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/279-solo-cruisers/

I did also want to say, I like your itinerary -- all three ABC Islands in one cruise is on my bucket list.

Thanks! Went ahead and booked my 2nd solo trip as well, next December on MSC to go with a trip to see family.