Looking at American Flights and have questions

mj_holiday

Not sure of another place to ask this.

I am looking at a couple different flights for upcoming travel, looking at using miles vs costs.  And we look at Business class.

Today looking at a couple flights far out, I see "Not Available"  for a lot of Business Class  seats and just now saw it for Premium seats on a flight.

Does anyone have an idea of what this means?

22 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

330 days out is when you can book.  Where are you looking at.  I found some nice ones to Athens and back in june.

too late to edit - you may see alot of not available to Asia and in the spring to japan the rates are 300-400 k one way and the partner airlines don't release much inventory until closer in.

Edited by Lonedaddy

Don’t know about AA, but we have flown to Maui on United every year for probably 15 years on miles. For September, award flights open in November. Unbelievably high miles. But by looking at flights in say June or July you can see the more reasonable award tickets. Then I just check every few days to see how the reasonable tickets are getting closer to our September trip, focusing on the day of the week we plan to go (Saturday). Day of the week makes a big difference. 
So it is really just a waiting game, and we have always gotten good flights at low award miles, this year from less than the old “saver” award miles. Patience and persistence wins. 
Best of luck. 

Edited by labonnevie

Expensive flights are just going to be with us for awhile.  The airlines are very full and have crew shortages.  Simple supply and demand.  Too much demand and not enough supply.  That's why Regent raised their prices and their contract flights are "less convenient."  If you want to deviate you are likely looking at uncharges for the most desirable routings.