Your most expensive cruise - how did it go?

Honolulu Blue

I tend to take 3 to 5 week trips- especially if to a different continent, spending a week or to before or after a cruise. Overall cost for a trip most expensive was a China/Korea/Japan cruise. We spent a week in Shanghai before the cruise, the 2 weeks cruising, then 9 days in Tokyo. But most expensive just for the cruise was Galapagos on Silver Seas - and it was worth every penny. Next most expensive cruise was Viking River cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam it was good, but first post covid voyage, after 2 cancellations. Things weren't quite up to what I had expected from Viking. BTW, I usually have interior or least expensive accommodations, least expensive airfare.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess my 33 night circumnavigation of Australia and NZ, would do it again in a heartbeat if health permitted, loved gett8ng to know your fellow travellers, but passengers and crew.

had book a 115 night world cruise before Dr said “no way” was so looking forward to it.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Ask anyone who has enjoyed a full World Cruise in recent years....well over 100K. Just sayin'  😉

Personally I don’t find the world cruise itineraries all that wonderful.  I would rather create my own cruise plan.  I am taking 4 over 30 day cruises next year and going where I want to go not where some cruise line thinks I should go.    It likely is cheaper also though I haven’t bothered to tally it all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Personally I don’t find the world cruise itineraries all that wonderful.  I would rather create my own cruise plan.  I am taking 4 over 30 day cruises next year and going where I want to go not where some cruise line thinks I should go.    It likely is cheaper also though I haven’t bothered to tally it all

To each his/her/their (pick your preferred pronoun) own. Thus, many options for everyone!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Actually a trip with two cruises.  TA Cape Liberty to Southampton, then week on land in Prague and Budapest followed by two week river cruise Budapest to Amsterdam.  Fabulous trip that we had planned since 2019.  DH wonders why I keep booking trips - I am old enough that I want to see everything while I can.  Prices are crazy - but we do fly economy if the plane has two seats on the side, or 3 seats so we have an empty between, travel on land by train and local transit, while cruising do not buy drink or WiFi plan.  The adventure has always been great fun.

• Thanks 1

We don't keep track, and our cruises always involve land travel also, but probably our first cruise.

Our first cruise, we booked online for RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas, Sydney to Honolulu, 18 nights.

Then we booked around it, which involved flying from LAX to Auckland, spending two weeks traveling in New Zealand, flying from Queenstown to Sydney and spending eight weeks traveling in Australia, ending back in Sydney, and after we got to Honolulu we spent about ten days in Hawaii and then came back to the mainland.

I was hooked.

• Thanks 1

My most expensive (though not most expensive per night) was in 2011, an Alaska cruise that cost two of us a combined £16,000 or so, including excursions, tips, etc.

Mind you, we did sail from Southampton, England.  It's quite fun telling people we went to Rhode Island on an Alaska cruise and see them wondering if their American geography knowledge isn't quite what they thought!  It was 72 nights, P&O's Arcadia.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Yowman said:

Most expensive is coming up soon: 3 nights in Barcelona pre cruise, 14 nights on a Med cruise in a suite, business class airfare to/from Europe/Canada, several excursions.  

That sounds like quite the experience!  Good luck and have fun!