Rompers and jumpsuits

shipgeeks

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

That violates my rule of not bringing anything for travel that I am not comfortable wearing at home.   I don’t like to strip down for any restroom trip much less on an airplane.  

My overalls were a piece of cake on the plane, just unbuckle the straps and then it was no different than a pair of pants.  

As for jumpsuits:  I guess I got so used to going to the toilet in my ski suits (suit PLUS long underwear!!) that I don't even think about a simple jumpsuit anymore.  

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

My overalls were a piece of cake on the plane, just unbuckle the straps and then it was no different than a pair of pants.  

To be argumentative, no.  Overalls are different from a pair of pants:  Once you lower them to use the restroom, you have to deal with the excess top-half fabric, and you have to get the straps back over your shoulders without twisting.  This isn't an issue in a land-based bathroom, but I think it would be a bit challenging in a small airplane bathroom.  And I'm small.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

To be argumentative, no.  Overalls are different from a pair of pants:  Once you lower them to use the restroom, you have to deal with the excess top-half fabric, and you have to get the straps back over your shoulders without twisting.  This isn't an issue in a land-based bathroom, but I think it would be a bit challenging in a small airplane bathroom.  And I'm small.  

Ok I have to agree with this 100%!! It’s all the “extra” that I just cannot figure out! With pants and a shirt, I’m only removing/lowering half of the equation when necessary. So for me, a jumpsuit or overalls would never be a suitable travel outfit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LindaD22 said:

Ok I have to agree with this 100%!! It’s all the “extra” that I just cannot figure out! With pants and a shirt, I’m only removing/lowering half of the equation when necessary. So for me, a jumpsuit or overalls would never be a suitable travel outfit. 

I too agree.  The mental image of trying to use the lav on an airplane, trying to remove the overall, not let it touch the filthy floor ... who needs it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

And flying in a skirt is even better than slacks, in that respect!

Absolutely.  They are good for flying between climates too - just a matter of tights off or on.   I wear skirts on flights as long as they have pockets 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

You're overthinking it.  The "excess top-half" and the straps go nicely and easily into the bottom of the pants.  I never have an issue with twisting - just look in the mirror.

I wore my Faherty overalls on my flight from CDG to SLC last summer with ease.   Maybe I'm just more adept.  I don't understand the issue.  

7 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

You're overthinking it.  The "excess top-half" and the straps go nicely and easily into the bottom of the pants.  I never have an issue with twisting - just look in the mirror.

I wore my Faherty overalls on my flight from CDG to SLC last summer with ease.   Maybe I'm just more adept.  I don't understand the issue.  

You must be a small person😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

You must be a small person😉

Nope.  5'8", size 14/16 on top, 10 on bottom.   Big shoulders from my competitive swimming days.  Bathroom stalls at ski resorts aren't any bigger than an airplane toilet.

I'm done.  Just call me a sloppy un-admired dresser...  But, at 69.8 years old, I'm not going to change 😸

Just now, slidergirl said:

Nope.  5'8", size 14/16 on top, 10 on bottom.   Big shoulders from my competitive swimming days.  Bathroom stalls at ski resorts aren't any bigger than an airplane toilet.

I'm done.  Just call me a sloppy un-admired dresser...  But, at 69.8 years old, I'm not going to change 😸

I was just kidding around, sorry to upset you. Lots of people don’t understand my long skirts but I find them super comfortable 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, Mary229 said:

Absolutely.  They are good for flying between climates too - just a matter of tights off or on.   I wear skirts on flights as long as they have pockets 

I wear skirts /casual dresses often.  I often wear bike shorts (purchased from Amazon) under them ... partially for modesty, partially because each leg has a deep slash pocket, which can hold a phone or whatever else very securely.  

On 8/14/2023 at 2:54 PM, slidergirl said:

We'll have to disagree on this.  I like overalls /think they're cute, but they do take up more space in a suitcase and would be difficult to put on /off in a miniscule airplane bathroom.  

On 8/14/2023 at 3:09 PM, Mary229 said:

I was just kidding around, sorry to upset you. Lots of people don’t understand my long skirts but I find them super comfortable 

I like long skirts on other people.  One of my coworkers wore a dusty pink maxi skirt with a tee and a denim jacket this week, and I thought her outfit was super cute.  But I personally feel "overwhelmed" with a long skirt.  I'm only 4'11", and it's just too much for my stature.  

Okay, jumper /romper watch at the high school:  

- Saw a teacher wearing a loose-fitting (not fitted at the waist) olive green jumpsuit + a loose white cardigan.  Jumpsuit was ankle-length, and she wore it with flat brown sandals.  Super cute.  Looked very comfortable.  Definitely the best jumpsuit /romper I've seen during back-to-school -- something I would like to own!  

- No other examples at this moment, and I've been looking.  

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 1:25 PM, slidergirl said:

Athleta just put out a Brooklyn jumpsuit...

I don't know any of those words.  At least, not in this context.  

Back to the "What'm I seeing at school?" report: 

- One particularly ugly jumpsuit, short pants, tight like a wrestling singlet but with short sleeves.  The fabric was beige with just a hint of pink.  Fortunately the girl wearing it was black, so the awful color contrasted with her skin, and at least she didn't look like she was naked.  Seriously, what was that kid thinking?  

- No others.