Request a Quote?

DaisyUK

Apologies if this has been asked and answered and I have missed it. We are considering whether to book a Crystal cruise for later this year, and on checking availability and pricing, see a price followed by 'request a quote'. Does this mean a suite is available, or not, or maybe? And (if available) does it mean the price shown is the price (in which case why would I need to request a quote)?, or that a different price may be quoted (in which case, why quote a price)?

Hello and thank you for your help. That seems a long-winded process. However... if it says 'request a quote' I assume it means the suite is available? We enjoyed Crystal previously, but have since moved on to other lines. Thought we might try a short-ish cruise to see if it lives up to our new expectations!

That's what I assumed since there is also a category of "join the wait list" on some cruises. I recently reserved a single cabin for Symphony's Grand Voyage and expected to be told I would have to move cabins mid cruise but was confirmed through for all 4 legs. Soon!!! 

1 hour ago, DaisyUK said:

Hello and thank you for your help. That seems a long-winded process. However... if it says 'request a quote' I assume it means the suite is available? We enjoyed Crystal previously, but have since moved on to other lines. Thought we might try a short-ish cruise to see if it lives up to our new expectations!

It is a very manual process now, but apparently they are working to improve the booking system. Even TAs have to phone in to get pricing, or to book, rather than being able to book online. From what we have been able to see "Request a Quote" does mean there is inventory available.

3 hours ago, DaisyUK said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered and I have missed it. We are considering whether to book a Crystal cruise for later this year, and on checking availability and pricing, see a price followed by 'request a quote'. Does this mean a suite is available, or not, or maybe? And (if available) does it mean the price shown is the price (in which case why would I need to request a quote)?, or that a different price may be quoted (in which case, why quote a price)?

If it says request a quote either one or more suites/rooms are available or it is a guarantee meaning you will get that category or an upgrade but a specific room is not available.

Keith

Just now, Roland4 said:

It is a very manual process now, but apparently they are working to improve the booking system. Even TAs have to phone in to get pricing, or to book, rather than being able to book online. From what we have been able to see "Request a Quote" does mean there is inventory available.

That's very helpful, thank you and good to know that 'request a quote' means there is probably availability. Hopefully their systems will improve as time goes by. These days, I think expectations are somewhat higher than having to call across the world and time zones!