Captain's club credit for booking online not with the cruisline.

tobiasds

If you book online with a third party or for that matter with a travel agent, instead of directly with Celebrity Cruises, do you receive Captain's Club Points with Celebrity? I know they mention barring point credit for travel agents fare but I believe they are talking about a greatly discounted fare for only travel agents, to get the agents to book the cruise line more. I don't think they are referring to the price a consumer gets using the agent. The point may be moot as the discounted price is 450 dollars cheaper so would take forever to get any benefits worth that. I still would like to know if I am forgoing any points by using a third party of any kind to book.

This is a cut and paste from a massive document of fine print on their website.

Complimentary sailings, Seminar at Sea, Travel Agent rates, and employee rates do not earn Club Points in the program. Reduced rate upgrades, pre-cruise and onboard, will earn Club Points at the original stateroom category purchased, and NOT the category of the upgraded stateroom.

It does not matter how you book as long as you are booking a fare available to the general public.  The last part means if you book a cabin in one category, such as OV, and win a bid for a higher grade, such as Aqua, you will on,y get the points for the original category.  EM

If you fear that a TA might book you into a travel agent rate without you knowing it, presenting you an higher rate to pay: never happened to us and never heard about such.

To qualify for say an Interline rate (travel industry, airline crew etc) you must show proof of employment which I guess goes to X too.

Same goes for military and other rates.

The big profits for a TA are price drops which don’t get to benefit their customers but the TA themselves. If a customer is not paying attention they can pocket the difference, found out about that one in a TA training document.

7 hours ago, tobiasds said:

If you book online with a third party or for that matter with a travel agent, instead of directly with Celebrity Cruises, do you receive Captain's Club Points with Celebrity? I know they mention barring point credit for travel agents fare but I believe they are talking about a greatly discounted fare for only travel agents, to get the agents to book the cruise line more. I don't think they are referring to the price a consumer gets using the agent. The point may be moot as the discounted price is 450 dollars cheaper so would take forever to get any benefits worth that. I still would like to know if I am forgoing any points by using a third party of any kind to book.

This is a cut and paste from a massive document of fine print on their website.

Complimentary sailings, Seminar at Sea, Travel Agent rates, and employee rates do not earn Club Points in the program. Reduced rate upgrades, pre-cruise and onboard, will earn Club Points at the original stateroom category purchased, and NOT the category of the upgraded stateroom.

You do not forfeit any points if you book through a travel agent.

if you ARE a travel agent and you book using the special rates offered to the travel industry, deeply discounted rates not available to the general public, then there is no commission paid and no points awarded.

You wish you can get some of the Travel Agent rates offered to the TA's.  Like mentioned very deeply discounted and only available to employees of high volume Travel Agencies many times, you would gladly give up your points for these special rates.  The rates the Travel Agencies offer mostly are ones that are discounted group rates, ie block of rooms that they have contracted to sell.  These are usually really good deals with pricing much lower than the Celebrity's standard rates from there website.