When do I select dining preference?

Rocket_man

Talking about early, late or anytime.  Can’t find anything on this board or Carnival site other than “at booking”. I’ve booked on Celebration and saw nothing then since or under my cruise account including the planning section. Must be at 14 day check in?  TIA!

15 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

This selection is made when you book your cruise.

unless i miss something, for years that section has been missing for me whenever i book directly with carnival using the website. after booking i need to go the cruise manager and then make my selection 

22 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

This selection is made when you book your cruise.

Well, kinda, but:

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

unless i miss something, for years that section has been missing for me whenever i book directly with carnival using the website. after booking i need to go the cruise manager and then make my selection 

Yes, that is the case - you don't actually select the preferred dining time when you pay the deposit and confirm booking (you also don't enter the other traveler details at that moment, for example), but you can do it right away in your Cruise Manager, as noted here:

10 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

In your cruise manager select booking and order details,  then select booking guest details. 😎

Waiting for online check-in fourteen days prior to sailing is waaaaaay too late to guarantee you'll get your desired selection.