Just visited by the upgrade fairy!

tall traveler

We are leaving on the Veendam on March 25th and booked a guarantee in Category E. We have been upgraded to a lower promenade cabin (which we wanted but didn't want to pay the extra) I just found this out from calling HAL. Pleased as punch. Anyone else get any upgrades you care to share.

I love the lower promenade location. I leave on the Oosterdam this Saturday and was upgraded from an obstructed view(HH) to an OV(DD), no obstruction. I am on Main deck, and am happy with my location. You will love the LP. Have a wonderful cruise. I cruised on the Veendam in 2004.

Marie

We booked a VH guarantee on the Noordam and was assigned a VA. I was worried about getting an all steel balcony, no bathtub and a connecting room. I got a great cabin on The Navigator deck with none of those problems.

i don't know if you would call this an upgrade or not (i would) but we booked a VF balcony on upper promenade and received one of the last rooms which I later found out was a solid steel balcony. Called my TA a few weeks ago and she called Holland and there was nothing else available in that cat. with a plexi balcony. Called her this week to final pay and asked her to ask HAL what kind of deal they would give me if I upgraded to the next available room (which I knew was a suite) and, believe it or not, they had a more mid ship VF balcony with plexi on the Verandah deck AND took $400 off my final pay because of a special they had. Sounded like an upgrade to me!

Archived