New dress code on the Silver Nova!!

A Tucson Guy

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Jackets have never been required at The Grill or the pizza place. Both are casual.

Not even on formal nights? I thought they were "one step below", so informal on formal nights and casual on informal nights.

Also, does the new dress code applies to restaurants only? Or they might deny entry to the theater without a jacket on formal nights? 

3 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Not even on formal nights? I thought they were "one step below", so informal on formal nights and casual on informal nights.

Also, does the new dress code applies to restaurants only? Or they might deny entry to the theater without a jacket on formal nights? 

The letter from Silversea states that on Formal Optional nights, even when adhering to Elegant Casual attire, a jacket is still required in all indoor spaces. So that would mean that a jacket is required in the theater on Formal Optional nights. 

1 minute ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

The letter from Silversea states that on Formal Optional nights, even when adhering to Elegant Casual attire, a jacket is still required in all indoor spaces. So that would mean that a jacket is required in the theater on Formal Optional nights. 

Yes, but with the current dress code, I don't believe it's enforced. I have seen many people without jackets on the Spirit in the theater on formal nights.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I agree with everything expect the no jeans, nice dress jeans look a lot better than some of those out dated Tux’s.  Just my opinon.

"Dress" jeans?  I've never heard jeans referred to in that manner before. 

What constitutes the difference between jeans and dress jeans?  To be considered dress jeans must they have a satin stripe over the side seam?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, ak1004 said:

As far as I know, Spaccanapoli and the Grill have never required jackets. Yes, even on formal nights. 

If I am giving you wrong information, someone can correct me. But I have always been told those 2 venues are casual.....every night.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HappyCamper777 said:

"Dress" jeans?  I've never heard jeans referred to in that manner before. 

What constitutes the difference between jeans and dress jeans?  To be considered dress jeans must they have a satin stripe over the side seam?

So-called “dress” jeans are usually dark denim or black, not faded, sanded, feathered, abraded or with holes.  They do look great with dressy tops for women or collared shirts for men and nice shoes.  My 28 y/o son actually wore his every night except formal night on our most recent cruise w/SS with and without a blazer.  Honestly, I think they can look much better on some women than yoga pants and other skin tight pants I’ve seen worn at dinner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope they roll it out to the moon for our summer Greece cruise.  On the dawn this past June  it was very hot when we were in atlantide on formal night most were taking off their jackets it was that hot and we were in Scandinavia!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ak1004 said:

In the past and on other ships, when it came to formal nights, a tie was not required in any public areas outside the MDR and La Dame.  However, a jacket always was required in all indoor spaces.  I suspect (and I only suspect) that still will be the case on formal optional nights.  We are dealing with a new animal, though, so there's no telling.

To the extent that anyone gives a flip, I'm happy with it either way.  I don't at all mind the jacket (and actually enjoy the pockets), but I don't care to wear a tie for the rest of my life if I can manage that.  This new dress code is a breath of fresh air.

• Like 3

Will keep a look out to see if our November Silver Spirit 9 night Middle East cruise follows suit.

Pardon the pun. Long way to drag a suit and tie for one night. Plenty of stylish informal jacket based options in my suitcase.Will have a couple of neck ties doubling as suitcase straps for emergencies.

• Haha 3

Does anyone know if this dress code for the Silver Nova will be rolled out to all ships? We are on the Silver Shadow in 2 weeks and would LOVE this new policy! Packing for this 11-day cruise is becoming a nightmare with Silversea's current policy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GaitherBill said:

None of this matters unless it’s enforced. 

We’re one step closer to fleet wide slobs wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and flip flops at La Dame. 

I'm always amazed by such comments.

It implies that it's either a tux or a t-shirt? 

Oceania doesn't have any formal nights, I haven't seen anyone in t-shirts or flip flops in the restaurants in the evening. There is always a middle ground, like a nice dressy shirt and nice slacks.

btw, SB allows dressy jeans, doesn't make it any less luxury.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MsCrystalina said:

I don't really care what the guidelines are as I love to dress up and wear nice dresses most evenings.  After long tour days I may be less so- slacks and nice tunic.   That is me and I love it and won't change a thing!   

And the beauty is you still are welcome to do so.  I wouldn't be one bit surprised if my wife continues to dress up on many nights, as well.  She loves it, too.

• Like 2

There seems to be an analogy that you can’t dress up without wearing a suit and tie. Most of my designer long sleeved shirts cost more than a complete formal alternative. As long as a jacket is mandatory, the rest falls into place. At the end of the day, he who pays dictates the path forward. If the dress code didn’t evolve we would still be dressed in Shakespearean era outfits whilst complaining how the dress code was better the previous century. There’s fierce competition out there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, difranco said:

If the dress code didn’t evolve we would still be dressed in Shakespearean era outfits whilst complaining how the dress code was better the previous century. There’s fierce competition out there.

The dress code "evolves" in only one direction - toward more and more casual, whatever that means in any given year.  Perhaps one of SS's ways of competing in a "fierce" market is to garner that market segment that wishes to see a slower 'evolution'/'devolution'?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

The dress code "evolves" in only one direction - toward more and more casual, whatever that means in any given year.  Perhaps one of SS's ways of competing in a "fierce" market is to garner that market segment that wishes to see a slower 'evolution'/'devolution'?

The segment you speak of is shrinking but it looks as though SS can accommodate a more wardrobe diverse range of customers

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 1:31 AM, ronrick1943 said:

Like I said before it was only a matter of time before a change in the dress code.  Finally Silversea is doing what the customer wants……..if they want to fill ships they have to do what the public wants.

100%

• Like 2