Shareholder on board credit paperwork question

edgee

5 minutes ago, elio111 said:

I have been a shareholder for many years and always received the OBC applicable to the cruise      I have a cruise coming up in November ,send my forms in and was denied the credit  because I booked my cruise during a promotion and is no combinable with any promotion.      This is the first time in 13cruises that it was denied.      Has this happen to anyone else?     The shareholder benefits should not be according the fare you pay.  If this is Oceania way to save ,I will sell my share and I will book any future cruise at the possible  fare ,as I have done past.

Not new.

The better the deal, the more strings, err.. "combinability restrictions" attached.  If it's any consolation, Shareholder Benefit usually only disappears on the truly great deals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This may be a fluke, but I had a really difficult time getting my shareholder credit posted on my account.  After sending the initial paperwork, I heard nothing for weeks and weeks.  Then after two or more reminder e-mail that I sent them, it was finally posted about 8 months after the initial submission.

Edited by Psoque

10 minutes ago, Psoque said:

This may be a fluke, but I had a really difficult time getting my shareholder credit posted on my account.  After sending the initial paperwork, I heard nothing for weeks and weeks.  Then after two or more reminder e-mail that I sent them, it was finally posted about 8 months after the initial submission.

It sounds like you sent many months prior to your cruise and perhaps before final payment?  We found by sending about 6 weeks prior to the cruise, it is generally posted within 24 hours.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2023 at 4:45 PM, edgee said:

I have two Oceania and two Regent cruises coming up. Does anyone know if I need to send four different emails with proper documentation requesting shareholder on board credit...one for each cruise? Or can I send one to each cruise line with two booking numbers contained in one email and one copy of brokerage statement page showing that I own NCL stock attached?

I just wrote one letter to cover two cruises with Oceania last year.  They accepted it with no problem. 

• Thanks 2

• 9 months later...

General question regarding the SBC. Is it a refundable or non refundable credit? Assuming if you don’t use it all, then it just goes away and not able to get at end of cruise? Thanks. 

On 8/21/2023 at 12:32 PM, elio111 said:

I have been a shareholder for many years and always received the OBC applicable to the cruise      I have a cruise coming up in November ,send my forms in and was denied the credit  because I booked my cruise during a promotion and is no combinable with any promotion.      This is the first time in 13cruises that it was denied.      Has this happen to anyone else?     The shareholder benefits should not be according the fare you pay.  If this is Oceania way to save ,I will sell my share and I will book any future cruise at the possible  fare ,as I have done past.

We were denied shareholder OBC on our 20th milestone cruise.  The 20th was deeply discounted, but far from "free" even with us doing our own air.  Still, I understand why they denied the stock OBC on milestone cruises---the cruise price alone is such a huge loyalty perk.

In case this helps...

...at the suggestion of our Oceania rep I submitted our request for approval of a shareholder benefit one month before the departure day of the cruise, and got the updated invoice attached to an email today, just two working days after submission.

We follow the suggestion of waiting until one month before departure, and it always works, usually even faster than this.

I email a copy of a page from our investments that shows NCHL, with personal info removed, along with the completed application form available via the Oceania website, to the recommended email address.

@willidc

It is true there is language on the website that specifies some benefits are not combineable with promotions. When we had our 20th credit applied, 14 day free cruise, we were booked on a 20 day cruise but did get over $13k in credit applied to the total booking. As I recall not only was there no Shareholder Credit, we got no Excursion Credits under the old program either. 

Not sure when you are sailing but if there is time, wait a bit and reapply and perhaps a different staffer will not pick up on the Promotional booking and give you your $100 or $250. 
Good Luck and enjoy your cruise, even if it is minus the $$. 
Mauibabes 

I sent in OBC requests for our Oceania cruise (October) and NCL cruise (November) about two weeks ago. The NCL OBC was added within 24 hours and I had an email advising me. I’ve heard nothing from Oceania. I take it this is typical?

16 hours ago, mauibabes said:

@willidc

It is true there is language on the website that specifies some benefits are not combineable with promotions. When we had our 20th credit applied, 14 day free cruise, we were booked on a 20 day cruise but did get over $13k in credit applied to the total booking. As I recall not only was there no Shareholder Credit, we got no Excursion Credits under the old program either. 

This is a bit of a hijack, but your post prompts me to inquire further of your experience re your 20th O cruise.  We have targeted a 22-day TA cruise in May 2025 (our 19th is a TA in late August of 2024) for which we too expect to get credit for 14 days given our past cruising history on O.  We have no expectation of the Shareholder Credit (we bought NCLH stock at ~$10.80/share during the pandemic😷) and read with interest about your not receiving Excursion Credits (we booked the cruise prior to SM).    We also know that Oceania Air is not available even if we wanted to use it. That said, did you receive the other Oceania Club benefits due you as new Platinum Level members for that cruise?  Also, when did you begin "negotiating" the terms of the cruise prior to final payment?  Many thx.  We always appreciate your postings on the myriad topics on the O board.

@redraider1966

Thanks for the kind words and we can stay “off topic”. First real Q, are you working with a Travel Agent or an O Rep?  If Agent, they will need to work this for you is my understanding. If on your own, I would send an email to the people who handle the Oceania Club Loyalty Program and detail your cruise specifics and determine when they want you to formally apply for the award. Your proposed 22 day TA journey sounds like ours, a Med and Transatlantic combined. We told them the trip we had booked and before it came time for the Final Payment, the Coordinator worked up the amount of credit and applied it to our booking and we paid the balance at FP time. Our average bookings were in Concierge level but we had taken cruises in PH, Oceania Suite and Owners Suite, but it was about 11($) vs 8💰💰) so we earned a credit of about $6500 pp applied to our Extended Journey. Since this was years ago, Pre Covid, I would not want to guess amount of additional Loyalty perks they will be including for your trip so contact the O Club Loyalty Manager, her name escapes me. Just trying to manage expectations 🙏😇
Bottom line, you will have a wonderful time and have received a fantastic loyalty award.

Mauibabes

10 hours ago, PoppyVelvet said:

I sent in OBC requests for our Oceania cruise (October) and NCL cruise (November) about two weeks ago. The NCL OBC was added within 24 hours and I had an email advising me. I’ve heard nothing from Oceania. I take it this is typical?

O usually does not send an email concerning application of your OBC - it is just reflected in your OBC when you check "Manage My Cruise"

27 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

@redraider1966

Thanks for the kind words and we can stay “off topic”. First real Q, are you working with a Travel Agent or an O Rep?  If Agent, they will need to work this for you is my understanding. If on your own, I would send an email to the people who handle the Oceania Club Loyalty Program and detail your cruise specifics and determine when they want you to formally apply for the award. Your proposed 22 day TA journey sounds like ours, a Med and Transatlantic combined. We told them the trip we had booked and before it came time for the Final Payment, the Coordinator worked up the amount of credit and applied it to our booking and we paid the balance at FP time. Our average bookings were in Concierge level but we had taken cruises in PH, Oceania Suite and Owners Suite, but it was about 11($) vs 8💰💰) so we earned a credit of about $6500 pp applied to our Extended Journey. Since this was years ago, Pre Covid, I would not want to guess amount of additional Loyalty perks they will be including for your trip so contact the O Club Loyalty Manager, her name escapes me. Just trying to manage expectations 🙏😇
Bottom line, you will have a wonderful time and have received a fantastic loyalty award.

Mauibabes

Thx.  We've been with a Travel Agent for about 15 years, whose agency is first class and our agent has been super over the years.  We've not done suites, but generally Concierge Level.  Our TransAtlantic is also now being sold in two segments, but we booked it long ago when it was only marketed as one 22-day (Miami-Southampton).  When we first broached this with our Travel Agent, she responded that there was no use talking details until about two weeks prior to final payment (i.e., November of this year), but we've seen reports of other posters that started dialogues earlier on -- hence my query to y'all. 

@redraider1966

Thanks for the kind words and we can stay “off topic”. First real Q, are you working with a Travel Agent or an O Rep?  If Agent, they will need to work this for you is my understanding. If on your own, I would send an email to the people who handle the Loyalty reward and detail your specifics and determine when they want you to formally apply for the award. Your proposed 22 day TA journey sounds like ours, a Med and Transatlantic combined. We told them the trip we wanted to do and before it came time for the Final Payment, she worked up the amount of credit that was then applied to our booking and we paid the balance at FP time. Our average bookings were in Concierge level but we had taken cruises in PH, Oceania Suite and Owners Suite, but it was about 12($) vs 7(💰💰) so we earned a credit of about $6500 pp. since this was years ago, Pre Covid, I would not want to guess how much additional Loyalty perks they will be including. Just trying to manage expectations 🙏😇

Ask anyway and let them tell you when to apply. I was put off too but it all worked out. Have a fabulous trip. All our TA’s have been at the end of the season so we were coming home/US and it made it easier and much shorter with the flights. I know it will be fabulous no matter what. 
We are traveling with Houston cousins and friends in November on Riviera, CANNOT WAIT!

😇🤞👍🛳️🥂

Mauibabes

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Ask anyway and let them tell you when to apply. I was put off too but it all worked out. Have a fabulous trip. All our TA’s have been at the end of the season so we were coming home/US and it made it easier and much shorter with the flights. I know it will be fabulous no matter what. 
We are traveling with Houston cousins and friends in November on Riviera, CANNOT WAIT!

😇🤞👍🛳️🥂

Mauibabes

When you did your free cruise plus extra days you had to pay for did you get a cruise credit for the additional part?

No, wish we did though. DW thinks we are on our way to Diamond/40, I think she’s a bit delusional or maybe she has a different check book. I guess we all need goals in life 😇🙏👍🛳️🥂

Mauibabes

11 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

No, wish we did though. DW thinks we are on our way to Diamond/40, I think she’s a bit delusional or maybe she has a different check book. I guess we all need goals in life 😇🙏👍🛳️🥂

Mauibabes

Well we have 8 more after what we have booked and paid for after next week, so if I win the lottery it's possible. 

• Like 1