The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 9th, 2023

richwmn

18 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Great photos. Did y’all visit the Rift where one day half of Iceland will be kissing the US but I don’t believe in our lifetime give or take 50,000,000 years.

According to our guide, we did.  I want to research and verify, of course.

IMG_2772.thumb.jpeg.cda2e28ebd7ee40b850c74a9d8b280d5.jpeg

Thanks to all for your kind comments.  I’m glad you are enjoying our trip!

• Like 13

6 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

OMGOD! Sweet sis, I am lucky to get through!! We are safe have 3 big generators. No fire 🔥! This happened all of a sudden yesterday! Took a pic for toasting  to Annie and the winds were awful!!! So windy! Heard of a fire up in the hills of west Maui! 😞 Lahaina gone! Hope this gets through! Att is out but for some reason got cell service! We are fine no fire! Lots of food! You know we are right on the water! You know where our house is !! We are safe so fare! Spoke to Shawn she was worried! Won’t be able to chime in but know we are safe! Email is iffy! I am so saddened by this event! I am heart broken 💔
we are here till sept!

love to all on CC’ thank you for your concern! This is monumental 

🌺Denise 😔

I'm so thankful you were able to get through online. I've been tossing and turning all night. I saw on the news a map of the fires and it was looking too close to Kaanapali. You, David, and all who are caught up in this devastation are in my prayers. I'm heartbroken along with you Denise. Stay safe. God bless. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Debbie, my guess is you saw a small part of the rif.  We've seen it in two areas, so I wouldn't be surprised it there were more places to see it.

Lenda

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, my guess is you saw a small part of the rif.  We've seen it in two areas, so I wouldn't be surprised it there were more places to see it.

Lenda

That’s what I’m thinking.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

There was a separate thread posted offering prayers for Maui and the devastation.  Now it's been removed? 

I don’t understand either.  

edited to say.  I just saw it has been moved to the Hawaii forum.   But usually it still shows up with an arrow so you can find it. 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, dfish said:

Speaking of rifts we've probably all heard the term "International Rift" as a diplomatic expression.  I wonder how many know there's also a very physical rift and it's between the US and Canada, specifically between New York and Canada, specifically at the Thousand Islands Bridge.  People are unlikely to notice it  but in the early 1970's I bicycled from Baltimore to Montreal and crossed the bridge.  The one island on the Canadian side has the Canadian Customs and the other island just a short distance away has the US CPB station.  Here's the rift itself:

main.jpg

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2