*LIVE* from the Voyager: August 12-26, 2023 Reykjavik to Southampton

WNcruiser

We have had two great days In Oslo. Warm weather and blue skies. Enjoyed our panoramic tour yesterday and took a nice two hour walk this morning around the port, Oslo opera house, Munch museum and around the city center. Will be leaving for Amsterdam at 6:00 PM with a sea day tomorrow. 

I was able to get several pictures of Voyager yesterday that I will post as well. Here are some photos of Oslo:

Overview of Oslo (Do you see Voyager hiding in the trees?), Holmenkollen ski jump, Munch museum and opera house, view from the roof of the opera house (the brown buildings in the water are floating saunas!):

IMG_2617.jpeg

IMG_2623.jpeg

IMG_2638.jpeg

IMG_2654.jpeg

• Like 2

I just caught up on your WONDERFUL trip report!  It is fabulous to read, and the photos are really great.  The food photos are killing me.  Some great memories!  But you seem to be lacking  in posting cronut photos! 😵‍💫😜

I love the miso cod SO much, that I was able to have it three nights in a row on one cruise and a happier person you never saw!  I’m glad to see you enjoyed Chartreuse.  We didn’t love it last time, but I’m willing to keep trying!

thanks for taking the time to do this report.  It is no small thing to do it diligently and with an honest balance of kudos and critiques.  Looking forward to the rest!

Joanie

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

I just caught up on your WONDERFUL trip report!  It is fabulous to read, and the photos are really great.  The food photos are killing me.  Some great memories!  But you seem to be lacking  in posting cronut photos! 😵‍💫😜

I love the miso cod SO much, that I was able to have it three nights in a row on one cruise and a happier person you never saw!  I’m glad to see you enjoyed Chartreuse.  We didn’t love it last time, but I’m willing to keep trying!

thanks for taking the time to do this report.  It is no small thing to do it diligently and with an honest balance of kudos and critiques.  Looking forward to the rest!

Joanie

Thank you Joanie. Cronut request noted 😊. I actually had the maple bacon this morning.

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today is going to be a relaxing sea day. Definitely walking a couple miles up on deck. We will be having a small cruise critic lunch for our roll call members as well. 

Something a little odd on this cruise. We have been on board for 12 days now and have not seen the Captain once. I don’t think this has ever happened on a cruise before. We hear his announcements every afternoon and we have seen many other senior officers walking around, but not even a glimpse of the Captain. 

The singers and dancers put on a great show last night called “Rockin Soul”, very high energy and lots of good songs and dancing. 

Tomorrow is Amsterdam and it will be a busy day touring all day. Hopefully I will be able to post in the evening, otherwise Friday morning. That’s all for now…time to enjoy our last sea day. This cruise is flying by! 

Edited by WNcruiser
  • Like 2

Sorry to be late to the game, but, wow!  You are setting the standard for posting pics and sharing your cruise adventures.  I just read your thread in one sitting and loved every minute of it.  Looking forward to hearing about Amsterdam.  

Z and TB

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Sorry to be late to the game, but, wow!  You are setting the standard for posting pics and sharing your cruise adventures.  I just read your thread in one sitting and loved every minute of it.  Looking forward to hearing about Amsterdam.  

Z and TB

Thank you very much! I appreciate that 😊

I really enjoyed reading your "Live from the Voyager" posting.   We will be boarding the Voyager on Friday after you disembark and reading your posts and seeing your photos really just heightens the anticipation. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

• Like 2

Good evening from Amsterdam. It has been a long whirlwind day, but a very enjoyable one as well. My first time here and really enjoyed it. 

Yesterday I finally made it to tea time and it was “tea and cupcakes”. Very beautiful cupcakes in many flavors, don’t miss it if you are sailing soon. Had another dinner in Prime7 and ordered the whole Maine lobster this time, it was a nice change from steaks. CR had molten chocolate lava cake so we went down there for our dessert. 

IMG_2675.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg

IMG_2678.jpeg

IMG_2679.jpeg

Edited by WNcruiser
Spelling
  • Like 4

WOW. That’s all I can say about the service on Regent. I will try and keep this story short. The first couple nights of the cruise we had a few issues with meat being cooked as requested. As I said before it was quickly fixed. The Executive Chef, Glenn, came out both times and made sure the new dishes were prepared correctly. From then on Glenn continued to check on us whenever he saw us, stopping by our table many times the last 12 nights.

Two days ago we saw Glenn at the pool grill and he asked how everything was going. We asked about the Mexican themed lunch in La Veranda as we were missing Mexican food. Unfortunately they were not having it this cruise. Well, tonight Chef Glenn personally cooked us a Mexican dinner in CR. This food was absolutely delicious, probably the best Mexican food we have ever had. For the Executive chef to take the time to plan and cook us a dinner is really unbelievable. This is what Regent, and specifically this Voyager crew does every day to make everyone feel like they matter. 

Courses were: A spicy shrimp cocktail, chicken quesadilla with fresh salsa, crema and sliced avocado, chicken enchiladas and pork belly tacos with an amazing sweet honey and spicy sauce. Just no words for how good the tacos were. For dessert, traditional Mexican flan that was the creamiest we have ever had. Just an incredible meal. Thank you Chef Glenn! I am really going to miss this crew. 

IMG_2720.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

IMG_2726.jpeg

IMG_2727.jpeg

Edited by WNcruiser
  • Like 9

Good morning from Zeebrugge, Belgium. A cloudy day but luckily the rain is staying away. Hard to believe this is the last day of this 2 week cruise. 

We started our day yesterday with a 90 minute walking tour of Amsterdam and then a one hour canal boat ride. The walking tour was nice but missed many places we had hoped to see, like Dam square, Jordaan neighborhood, Anne Frank house, etc. Definitely will need to come back for a longer stay. 

The canal boat dropped us right at the ship where we had about 45 mins before our PM tour to the countryside. We visited Edam, Zaanse Schans, and a family farm. The first two stops were very nice taking a short walk seeing windmills, a small village, cheese shops, canals and churches. The last stop was just a tourist trap trying to sell us junk. We managed to avoid the rain for most of the day with just some showers on the second tour. Overall we had a nice day and saw a lot for a single day. 
Photos of Amsterdam (note the leaning buildings in #3):

IMG_2690.jpeg

IMG_2691.jpeg

IMG_2692.jpeg

IMG_2686.jpeg

IMG_2694.jpeg

• Like 3

We are now heading out to Bruges for our walking tour and another canal boat ride. There is no show tonight so will pack after dinner.

We have 7:30 AM disembarkation tomorrow and the car service is scheduled at 8:00 AM to the airport. Hoping everything goes smoothly as we have much less time that I prefer. 

• Like 1