Quebec Hotels?

Topdog52

17 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

I am looking for Hotels that we can walk to Quebec Cruise Terminal, or Hotels with cruise shuttles.

None that I am aware of with cruise shuttles but some of the boutique hotels in the lower Old City area are more or less within walking distance.

Some of the more modern chain hotels like the Hilton and Marriott are further away and not within walking distance of the cruise piers. 

Then there is of course the grand dame Chateau Frontenac, which while technically not walking distance with luggage (mainly due to its position on the hill), is a quintessential Quebec City experience and quite close to the cruise terminals.  

No hotel shuttles but I can recommend Auberge Place d' Armes. We stayed there pre-cruise and took a taxi. Great hotel and perfect location. Also check Royal Palace Hotel also good location but again you'll need a taxi.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hôtel Marie Rollet-No shuttle from this charming boutique hotel but they will order a cab for you. We found it to be an excellent location.  Everything is very walkable but there are alot of hills and staircases.  Bring comfy walking shoes!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 9:37 AM, princeton123211 said:

Some of the more modern chain hotels like the Hilton and Marriott are further away and not within walking distance of the cruise piers. 

We stayed at the Hilton and loved it.   5 min. walk to a wall gate, and then you are in the old town and can walk anywhere including piers 21 and 22 (I don't think you can walk to pier 30 from any hotels - not far but just not a good walk from what I could tell.) 

With luggage you may want to taxi no matter where you stay as QC is very hilly (but beautiful).

The Hilton is a high rise with spectacular views of the old town.  You need to get a room on that side of the hotel (we had a corner room .. even better)    Plus it is one of the best Hiltons we have stayed at.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 11:23 AM, CCJack said:

We stayed at the Hilton and loved it.   5 min. walk to a wall gate, and then you are in the old town and can walk anywhere including piers 21 and 22 (I don't think you can walk to pier 30 from any hotels - not far but just not a good walk from what I could tell.) 

With luggage you may want to taxi no matter where you stay as QC is very hilly (but beautiful).

The Hilton is a high rise with spectacular views of the old town.  You need to get a room on that side of the hotel (we had a corner room .. even better)    Plus it is one of the best Hiltons we have stayed at.  

We will be staying at the Hilton. After a day of walking around the the old town, is it easy to grab a cab, just in case I do not feel like walking back to the hotel?

3 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

We will be staying at the Hilton. After a day of walking around the the old town, is it easy to grab a cab, just in case I do not feel like walking back to the hotel?

Yes, you could easily get a cab, however the Hilton is only a block away from old town.   The front door is on the opposite side of the hotel, so more like a 2 block walk to get to hotel entrance.  

If you are a Hilton Honors member request a room with a view of the old town, the higher the better.   Plus the executive lounge on the top floor has outstanding views.   

3 hours ago, CCJack said:

Yes, you could easily get a cab, however the Hilton is only a block away from old town.   The front door is on the opposite side of the hotel, so more like a 2 block walk to get to hotel entrance.  

If you are a Hilton Honors member request a room with a view of the old town, the higher the better.   Plus the executive lounge on the top floor has outstanding views.   

Thank You, and I will!!! I am thinking the Parliament View would be the view of the old town?

Edited by Topdog52

3 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

Thank You, and I will!!! I am thinking the Parliament View would be the view of the old town?

No.  the parliament building is on the SE side I believe, although that is a great view as well, some may prefer that.  The parliament building is very close to the Hilton and you see the building from above with the corresponding park and fountains.   The old town is on the NE side of Hilton and you don't see any buildings as close as the parliament, but you see the wall and then all the roofs in the old town, the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac and of course the cruise ships.     We requested nothing and were upgraded to a corner room which has floor to ceiling windows on both NE and SE walls so we saw both.  

You can't go wrong with either, probably choose old town (NE) or corner over parliament if you get the choice, but both are very nice.

11 hours ago, CCJack said:

No.  the parliament building is on the SE side I believe, although that is a great view as well, some may prefer that.  The parliament building is very close to the Hilton and you see the building from above with the corresponding park and fountains.   The old town is on the NE side of Hilton and you don't see any buildings as close as the parliament, but you see the wall and then all the roofs in the old town, the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac and of course the cruise ships.     We requested nothing and were upgraded to a corner room which has floor to ceiling windows on both NE and SE walls so we saw both.  

You can't go wrong with either, probably choose old town (NE) or corner over parliament if you get the choice, but both are very nice.

TY! We are looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 1:33 PM, Ashland said:

No hotel shuttles but I can recommend Auberge Place d' Armes. We stayed there pre-cruise and took a taxi. Great hotel and perfect location. Also check Royal Palace Hotel also good location but again you'll need a taxi.

Yes, the Royal Palace Hotel looks nice. Have you stayed there? If you have, is there anything  around the hotel to see as we will be getting in, late afternoon.

Edited by Topdog52

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked the Auberge St, Pierre. It looks like a cute little boutique hotel. It is close to the cruise port but in walking distance to a lot of the touristy place. I am flying in two days early as the ship is leaving from Quebec. I have never been here so it will be exciting to explore.