FTTF- few questions

9 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Ah, here it is:

With 2 different people / places within the same company giving conflicting information, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I look forward to seeing other peoples experiences as they post them on social media. We don't need FTTF since we're Platinum but people we cruise with do get it every time.

17 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

With 2 different people / places within the same company giving conflicting information, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Well, Carnival (and most other companies) is not immune from poor communication of new/changed policies, and enforcement thereof.  

I mean, how many people ignore the rule about going to your cabin early on embarkation day (oh, it's just to drop off our bags) and say they got no argument from their stewards?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tigers04champs said:

They should have a designated area for FTTF to sit. It's normally located right by the Suites/Plat/Diamond. It was sort of hidden, we had to ask where it was in Galveston. We were on the Breeze in March and they let us go in right away. We didn't have to wait for the designated time. 

I asked, but they insisted on myself and others with FTTF go to general seating. Looked like suites, diamonds and plats were in priority seating.  Was just happy they called us before general boarding.

44 minutes ago, pinklucky61 said:

I asked, but they insisted on myself and others with FTTF go to general seating. Looked like suites, diamonds and plats were in priority seating.  Was just happy they called us before general boarding.

That's crazy!  I can't believe that they didn't have it or that they didn't know where it was. At least they called you before everyone else. I would've been pretty upset if they messed that up! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tigers04champs said:

That's crazy!  I can't believe that they didn't have it or that they didn't know where it was. At least they called you before everyone else. I would've been pretty upset if they messed that up! 

They should have a designated area for FTTF to sit. It's normally located right by the Suites/Plat/Diamond. It was sort of hidden, we had to ask where it was in Galveston. We were on the Breeze in March and they let us go in right away. We didn't have to wait for the designated time. 

They may be transitioning away from "special" seating.  Miami used to always have an area for Diamond & Platinum and now they have done away with that too.  Everyone just sits where ever and has to listen for their group to be called.

Wouldn't surprise me if they may be doing this in other ports, and in this particular case starting with FTTF?

43 minutes ago, wemjam said:

They may be transitioning away from "special" seating.  Miami used to always have an area for Diamond & Platinum and now they have done away with that too.  Everyone just sits where ever and has to listen for their group to be called.

Wouldn't surprise me if they may be doing this in other ports, and in this particular case starting with FTTF?

I believe they have actually added or upgraded priority seating in some terminals since Covid.

IMO the "priority seating" is the least valuable of all the priority perks.  Seating that is segregated from the rest of the waiting passengers?  Big whoop.

Now if it had free drinks and snacks like an airline lounge, that would be a different story...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, staceyglow said:

I believe they have actually added or upgraded priority seating in some terminals since Covid.

IMO the "priority seating" is the least valuable of all the priority perks.  Seating that is segregated from the rest of the waiting passengers?  Big whoop.

Now if it had free drinks and snacks like an airline lounge, that would be a different story...

Yea, the seating itself isn't too big of a deal. Just closer to the entrance so "quicker" and easier to hear the announcements. I think the biggest benefit for us was with little kids, not having to sit there for an hour or two. Also, bypassing the guest services regular line was a life saver when they are 20 people deep. 

They had separate seating in Galveston back in March for all different groups, but who knows. TBH as long as I'm not at work I could care less. 🤪

• Like 1

In Miami at least they have had several iterations of lounges for Platinum and Diamond.  First it was upstairs where the main seating is now, then it was downstairs right inside where you go through security.

I do vaguely remember lemonade and cookies 😁

I agree with you though, where I sit doesn't really matter.

I only like/use my tier for a couple things.  I like to get on early and be able to drop my bags in my room since we only do carry on.  Then I can eat and be done and out of there before it gets too crazy.

I use/like the shorter line at guest services in case I need it (and it seems like every cruise I am there at least once, usually to add gift cards - kiosks don't like me).

I use/like being able to be in the first people off the ship to avoid the chaos in the terminal there.

Other than that the rest of the stuff... meh

• Like 1