Coral - Aft lounging areas available or all tied up with Sanctuary?

Alwayshome

After a review of the deck plans for the Coral, it appears that the Sanctuary spans three decks aft, including the aft pool on deck 12. My DH and I enjoy lounging on deck with an aft view but are concerned that isn't an option on the Coral without purchasing the Sanctuary (or being able to snag an aft balcony.) Is that correct? The lower decks appear to have small aft balconies, but not certain they contain loungers.

4 hours ago, MacMadame said:

There are no aft balconies on the Coral Princess.

Because of that, I am also interested in the answer to this question.

I have sailed on the Coral Princess 3 times (Caribe deck) and there are public aft balconies. They are for everyone's use......so enjoy.

Panama Canal Cruise Coral Princess aft 3 26 2019 lr-3436.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 3:06 PM, wineoclock said:

What’s the condition of the Coral Princess like? Possibly looking at it for a Panama (want to do old locks) or Alaska cruise. Reviews aren’t great. Tia. 

It was fine when we were on it last year. You just have to accept it isn't one of the new ships but IMHO it's one of the best. Very spacious public areas and aft viewing decks with loungers if you want somewhere quiet to sit outside. The Sanctuary has it's own pool which is lovely. We loved the Good Spirits Bar - here in Australia it was the best place for coffee during the day if you didn't want snacks - there is also an International Cafe for those that do want snacks. We liked it so much we kept booking additional cruises and ended up doing 66 nights on it.

• Thanks 1

I will second @OzKiwiJJ's post and will add one additional reason:  it is smaller than any of the other Princess ships with fewer passengers.  We have sailed on the Coral Princess three times - Alaska in 2007 and 2012 and, most recently, 28 days on the Round Australia cruise this April. 

Thank you.

We’ve never been with Princess only, DCL & Celebrity previously but the Coral has an itinerary I’m interested in and I know was specially built for the canal. If I can work timings I’d like to do Alaska & Panama on the same trip but will have to see! 

16 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

Thank you.

We’ve never been with Princess only, DCL & Celebrity previously but the Coral has an itinerary I’m interested in and I know was specially built for the canal. If I can work timings I’d like to do Alaska & Panama on the same trip but will have to see! 

We did the Panama Canal cruise in 2009 on the Island Princess which was a sister ship to the Coral Princess (it has since had additional cabins added at the cost of losing public spaces so I wouldn't recommend it) and had a wonderful cruise through the now 'old' locks.  The front decks (on Caribe and Baja?) opened for scenic viewing and the aft decks (always open) are fantastic when transiting the locks.