New ads concerning Halloween cruises

cantgetin

33 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

VV has popped up today with ads regarding Halloween events on three ships.

I just saw those. If I didn't already have plans to be in New Orleans in October and then Scarlet in December I would be looking at those. Of course I could change my mind since I love Halloween.

• Like 1

Should be fun. Here's the ad text. Scarlet Lady on sailings for two week period. Other ships, events on Oct. 32.

Skip the pumpkin patch. Forget the haunted house. Aboard our lady ships, Halloween isn’t just on October 31st. Our Halloween celebrations last two whole weeks aboard Scarlet Lady, with fleetwide celebrations on the 31st to send off spooky season in style. Our special Halloween Voyage: No Kids. Just Treats includes shipwide costume parties and contests, special Halloween activations, and a Scarlet Fright Night that’ll leave your spine tingling. And best of all? Halloween at sea means celebrating kid free (no, this is not a trick).  

I'm on Valiant Lady for Halloween and I am THRILLED.

My hope is VV does come to their senses and moves the Fright Night activities to one of our transatlantic sea days.  VL will be doing an overnighter in Malaga Spain on October 31st and I was hoping to experience Halloween in town.  If not, I would need to make a choice between Halloween on the ship or in town - A great choice no doubt, but why not have BOTH .  It's a phenomenal added perk to our sailing and I am hoping we will get to have both October 31st in Malaga AND Fright Night during our crossing. 

#VirginVoyages

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 1:34 PM, jaxcruisinguy said:

Halloween on VL last year was fun. They changed lighting, put some some decor. Lots of people got into the costumes. 

The most incredible Halloween at sea we have experienced was on the Disney Fantasy. The costumes from the guests were better than Hollywood and Disney. I swear some of these people must have packed and extra suitcase (or two) just for their costumes. It was unreal. 

I'd love to hop on one of these Halloween sailings, but we're doing Thanksgiving on Valiant Nov 18. Have fun all! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

The most incredible Halloween at sea we have experienced was on the Disney Fantasy. The costumes from the guests were better than Hollywood and Disney. I swear some of these people must have packed and extra suitcase (or two) just for their costumes. It was unreal. 

I'd love to hop on one of these Halloween sailings, but we're doing Thanksgiving on Valiant Nov 18. Have fun all! 

There was a guy who looked more like Jack Sparrow than the CM playing Jack.  A CM asked my daughter where she got her (traditional) Snow White costume.  When told that I made it, he asked, "Really?  That's better than anything we sell."  I could have made some ugly comments, but just thanked him.
Public notice....we will not be going "all out" for Halloween on VV.  Too old, too much work. Simple costumes maybe.  You do you!

• Like 1