Acropolis tickets

jennmaybe

I am starting to be concerned with our Acropolis tickets and need your input.  (Please no sarcastic remarks).💖.

We bought our tickets for Acropolis prior to them requiring the timed entry.

I emailed the company I purchased the tickets from asking how these work since they are requiring timed entry now and they advised that these are good through October 31.  (see email below).

I purchased the tickets through a website:

acropolis-tickets.  Com

What do you guys think about these tickets being legit?  

Bella (Headout) 

Aug 9, 2023, 15:24 GMT+5:30 

Hey Jennifer,

Thank you for writing to us!

These tickets are open-dated tickets and valid until the 31st of October 2023. They can be used for a one-time entry until this date within the working hours

Best,
Team Headout

Still have questions? Chat with our 24/7 support team HERE. We're just a ping away!

While traveling with the Enchanted Princess I visited the the Acropolis yesterday on my own. As I also was worried about the new Time slots I bought a ticket through the official site with at a time slot between 8-9. Booked a welcomepickup transfer so I would be on time. At 8:15 we were on the Acropolis and at 8:30 it was already very busy.

But the enforcement of the time slot will be implemented later I’ve read and with a day pass(no time slot) you can just enter. So

nervous for nothing but hey better be prepared

Also the amount of taxis at the cruise terminal in Pireaus is enormous even before 8 so enough choice.

Official booking site

https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1P&place=000000002

• Like 1

Thanks for this info! I was also wondering about our Acropolis tickets, which we bought before the new policy was announced. However, we're on a guided tour so i feel like we'll be ok. I'm reaching out to them just to be sure!

On 8/13/2023 at 10:54 AM, Labanos said:

While traveling with the Enchanted Princess I visited the the Acropolis yesterday on my own. As I also was worried about the new Time slots I bought a ticket through the official site with at a time slot between 8-9. Booked a welcomepickup transfer so I would be on time. At 8:15 we were on the Acropolis and at 8:30 it was already very busy.

But the enforcement of the time slot will be implemented later I’ve read and with a day pass(no time slot) you can just enter. So

nervous for nothing but hey better be prepared

Also the amount of taxis at the cruise terminal in Pireaus is enormous even before 8 so enough choice.

Official booking site

https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1P&place=000000002

We have a WelcomePickup at the port to pick us up.  Since we will be there Oct 24 I thought it would be possible that taxis might not be as prevalent at 7:40am.  Our Acropolis skip the line tour meets at 9am.  Was your driver easy to find and on time?

9 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

We have a WelcomePickup at the port to pick us up.  Since we will be there Oct 24 I thought it would be possible that taxis might not be as prevalent at 7:40am.  Our Acropolis skip the line tour meets at 9am.  Was your driver easy to find and on time?

Yes they have an app. Also the driver contacted me via WhatsApp. Very good communication and you get his license plate. One funny note, the driver said I have stellig Skoda. So I thought wel that should be easy to find. Not knowing every cab is yellow in Athens and a lot of them are Skoda.

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2023 at 2:11 PM, Amyracecar said:

I bought tickets for the Acropolis yesterday via the official site, but didn't get an option to pick a timeslot. I'm more confused than ever! 

(Tickets for October)

I bought a ticket a few weeks ago for September... no time slot ...no idea how that will work out now

I have just checked with my ticket provider (Tiqets) who have assured me that I can just turn up with my ticket at any time on the day I have booked ..... can't say I'm particularly reassured by that!

3 hours ago, MrsHFQ said:

I have just checked with my ticket provider (Tiqets) who have assured me that I can just turn up with my ticket at any time on the day I have booked ..... can't say I'm particularly reassured by that!

I checked with them too as I have tickets booked.  Same reply.  As the times are not on tickets it surely has to be correct 🤞😬

18 minutes ago, Bubbles3 said:

I checked with them too as I have tickets booked.  Same reply.  As the times are not on tickets it surely has to be correct 🤞😬

🤞🤞Haven’t booked excursions through other companies than cruise line before but have several tickets booked through 3 different companies this time so I’m just 🤞🤞🤞! Determined to have an amazing cruise so will just take it as it comes…whatever will be, will be!

• Like 1

I did some further checking and it seems that what I thought was the official site (as it claimed to be), wasn't. It also sent me through to the Tiqets page to purchase. If you find the actual site it does require you to choose a timeslot. 

Looking at the reviews of Tiqets the bookings seem to work fine thus far for other people, most of the small number of negative reviews are about people who wanted refunds before attending or other customer service issues. I can't see anything mentioning tickets that don't work, although of course these will mostly be from before they introduced timeslots. I'll just continue to monitor, if Tiqets say they'll be ok they likely will be. Maybe the aim of the timeslots is to ease footfall at the main gate, and I think these are for the side entrance. 

Which of us is going first? We're there in the second week of October. 

• Like 1

I will be there the 2nd week of September......

This is the email reply I had from Tiqets

Greetings from Tiqets!
We are writing you regarding your Acropolis of Athens: Entry Ticket.
Please know that you can visit the venue any time during the opening hours. The last entry is 30 minutes before the closing.
Should you have any additional concerns, please let us know.

Just have to wait and see, I guess.......

On 8/22/2023 at 4:13 PM, jennmaybe said:

We have the same tickets and they also advised me that we can enter at any time.  We’ll be there Oct 12th.

Ha, we are there on the 13th. Fingers crossed the weather is good that week (and for everyone else visiting too) 

On 8/17/2023 at 2:43 PM, Bubbles3 said:

We have tickets for Oct booked with them as well.  I was worried about the time slots too. As @Labanos post #2 said "with a day pass (no time slot) you can just enter."  Also, the tickets are E-tickets from the Hellenic Heritage website.  I am reassured that you and @MrsHFQ got the same reply and the tickets will be fine. 😊

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 6:46 PM, MrsHFQ said:

I will be there the 2nd week of September......

This is the email reply I had from Tiqets

Greetings from Tiqets!
We are writing you regarding your Acropolis of Athens: Entry Ticket.
Please know that you can visit the venue any time during the opening hours. The last entry is 30 minutes before the closing.
Should you have any additional concerns, please let us know.

Just have to wait and see, I guess.......

We'll be there 15th September. 

It's the only thing I've booked.  Not one other thing for the cruise.  I'm not sure what to go for 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 hour ago, Bubbles3 said:

We'll be there 15th September. 

It's the only thing I've booked.  Not one other thing for the cruise.  I'm not sure what to go for 🤷🏻‍♀️

You don't know what to do at other ports? Or at the Acropolis? 

9 hours ago, Bubbles3 said:

Both in Athens and on the other ports. I think we'll just be walking around a lot!

Walking around is great!  You can also get some great ideas about what's available on TripAdvisor.  I have the Rick Steves Mediterranean Cruise Ports book and it has oodles of ideas and detailed walks.👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this email, I'm sure everyone has but just in case: 

We're writing to you with regards to your reservation for Acropolis of Athens: Entry Ticket on 13 Oct 2023.

Due to a recent measure taken by the venue partner, the Acropolis will require a time-slot appointment to access the museum and site.

For this reason, you must take your ticket to the ticket office and request a timeslot there, showing your PDF vouchers.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Team Tiqets

Following from this I decided to cancel my Tiqets order and book on the official website, choosing a timeslot in advance. I'm fairly sure it would have been absolutely fine, but I don't want that small risk of having to queue longer at the ticket office, or finding that the best timeslots are already booked up. It was simple just to cancel on the app, so no real drama. I just now have to make sure that we're out of bed early so don't miss our slot, haha. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 1:29 PM, Amyracecar said:

Following from this I decided to cancel my Tiqets order and book on the official website, choosing a timeslot in advance. I'm fairly sure it would have been absolutely fine, but I don't want that small risk of having to queue longer at the ticket office, or finding that the best timeslots are already booked up. It was simple just to cancel on the app, so no real drama. I just now have to make sure that we're out of bed early so don't miss our slot, haha. 

I've also cancelled my Tiqets order as it defeats the object if I have to queue up the day before to make a booking. 

On to booking new tickets 😂

Edited by Bubbles3
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bubbles3 said:

I've also cancelled my Tiqets order as it defeats the object if I have to queue up the day before to make a booking. 

On to booking new tickets 😂

Me three.....yes, agree.. it defeats the purpose of having a ticket in advance.  Got our new tickets from the official website with at time slot so now we can skip the ticket office lineup.😊