Covid reimbursement for days in isolation?

Pepes Pal

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

Having had Covid twice on. ships and having the bad fever for several days I still wonder if the person who infected me knew they were sick and just ignored it. My mother caught it when she was 97 from a person who ignored symptoms 

It's a fact of live, it's unavoidable, keep calm and carry on I say

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

Having had Covid twice on. ships and having the bad fever for several days I still wonder if the person who infected me knew they were sick and just ignored it. My mother caught it when she was 97 from a person who ignored symptoms 

It's a bummer to get sick on a cruise or just back from one. I got Covid after my cruise last September, didn't have any symptoms but decided to test before going back to work. I was positive and it was very mild for me. I'm sure I infected others but there's nothing I could do about that because I didn't know I was sick. That is how it is spread so easily, by the time most exhibit symptoms, if at all, you've already infected others.

We need to learn to live with this additional virus we now have along side colds & flu. There is no more required testing,masking, quarantine and federal relief funds for missing work, at least not in California.

Everyone just has to assess their risk for being out in public, because you can get sick anywhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

It's a bummer to get sick on a cruise or just back from one. I got Covid after my cruise last September, didn't have any symptoms but decided to test before going back to work. I was positive and it was very mild for me. I'm sure I infected others but there's nothing I could do about that because I didn't know I was sick. That is how it is spread so easily, by the time most exhibit symptoms, if at all, you've already infected others.

We need to learn to live with this additional virus we now have along side colds & flu. There is no more required testing,masking, quarantine and federal relief funds for missing work, at least not in California.

Everyone just has to assess their risk for being out in public, because you can get sick anywhere.

I would not go to a crowded restaurant or elevator with the flu either.   I don’t test unless I have symptoms but when I test positive I do isolate

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

Thank you for a rational and calm approach.  I appreciate your words.  I didn't think I had covid.  5 cruises and walked away safely.  I tested before getting on the plane.  I tested before going on my first excursion.  I went to the medical center because I thought I was having a more serious asthma attack.  Didn't even consider covid or the flu.  Partially my fault for letting my guard down and not masking more diligently.  

I apologize to those I may have infected inadvertently .  Luckily, my cabin mate remained covid free since cabin mate recently had covid.  

My doctor says that incubation is anywhere from 2-5 days before we would even consider thinking covid.  I rarely used the elevator, was semi isolated in the theater, and dining table was off to a corner.  It happened.  If I got covid with so many precautions, I wonder how many more caught covid.  I know that my roll call mentioned several members testing positive once at home.  Covid is around.  We can only do what we can for ourselves.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you for a rational and calm approach.  I appreciate your words.  I didn't think I had covid.  5 cruises and walked away safely.  I tested before getting on the plane.  I tested before going on my first excursion.  I went to the medical center because I thought I was having a more serious asthma attack.  Didn't even consider covid or the flu.  Partially my fault for letting my guard down and not masking more diligently.  

I apologize to those I may have infected inadvertently .  Luckily, my cabin mate remained covid free since cabin mate recently had covid.  

My doctor says that incubation is anywhere from 2-5 days before we would even consider thinking covid.  I rarely used the elevator, was semi isolated in the theater, and dining table was off to a corner.  It happened.  If I got covid with so many precautions, I wonder how many more caught covid.  I know that my roll call mentioned several members testing positive once at home.  Covid is around.  We can only do what we can for ourselves.  

I too feel I was over confident that I wouldn't again get Covid. I had  Covid at it's peak in Dec. 2020 plus then was fully vaccinated with the 2 boosters. I became sick but my friend who shared my stateroom  with stayed negative & well.

I spoke to a physician by phone  the day after my isolation was started to request Paxlovid. He told me the Med Center had totally run out of Paxlovid & they wouldn't get a new supply until we reached the Southampton port. 

Lessons learned!  🙏

Edited by Pepes Pal

33 minutes ago, Pepes Pal said:

I too feel I was over confident that I wouldn't again get Covid. I had  Covid at it's peak in Dec. 2020 plus then was fully vaccinated with the 2 boosters. I became sick but my friend who shared my stateroom  with stayed negative & well.

I spoke to a physician by phone  the day after my isolation was started to request Paxlovid. He told me the Med Center had totally run out of Paxlovid & they wouldn't get a new supply until we reached the Southampton port. 

Lessons learned!  🙏

I had heard that and was concerned.  My physician wrote me a prescription and had my own on this past cruise.  I fortunately also had all of my inhalers.  I am a walking/cruising pharmacy.  

• Like 1