Single Rooms On Deck 7

Keith1010

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think all the deck 7 rooms are subject to market conditions.  All the solos were gone when I booked but I got a double for very close to the price for a solo anyway.

Roy

Perhaps Crystal  has realized a solo booking is better than no booking.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, History&Wine said:

My post was only in regards to the deck 7 rooms.  I checked every Serenity sailing....only one sailing is wait listed for the double rooms on deck 7.  That is the December 23 sailing.  Number of sailings wait listed for solo rooms? Twenty-One.

Maybe Crystal thinks solos will pay up for a double room on deck seven.  I think many solos (even Crystal fans) may decide to book another cruise line with lower supplements rather than paying up. 

I don’t think it’s so much Crystal “thinking” something, as they are figuring out what the market will support.

Those doubles on deck seven are not much less than verandas on decks eight and nine. The verandas, then, are a much better buy, imho. I’m guessing more of those are wait-list-only.

On my first Crystal cruise I booked a veranda cabin, but when I saw how much quite public space was available, I realized I didn't need a veranda; since then, I've booked window cabins instead.  (On some other lines, a veranda is a nice, quiet space to be, and it's much appreciated.)  I imagine it's still true now that there's lots of public spaces for quiet resting and contemplation, if not more than there was previously.  So, just like the cabin size, the value of having a veranda will vary.  

I don't sail with Crystal until December 2024.

• Thanks 1