Single Rooms On Deck 7

Keith1010

I just visited a vacant Solo Room on Deck 7.

They are not all the way forward.

Entertainers and enrichment personnel are put in the ones the most forward.

Room looks very nice. All of them have been redone.

Yes closet is a little smaller because of the bar area although that has one draw.

Having been in a double room for World Cruise 2007 and thinking of one person traveling while it would have been nice to have had the full closet for me it would work for multiple cruises as a single.

Some photos.

IMG_2884.jpeg.f740b3fee40ff60665f1ab17db6d33e3.jpegIMG_28832.jpeg.aba3827aa0c6a3cbf9cd345c56926406.jpegIMG_28822.jpeg.7f4f6bac2d7a585de7cc263e67aa782c.jpegIMG_28812.jpeg.46570356404a2a61ed1dbe188056d830.jpegIMG_28802.jpeg.683e378590a0f4626c508dad56016f41.jpegIMG_28792.jpeg.3698ed195839ac1405398a2a441a33fb.jpegIMG_28782.jpeg.da87bd84e47b941b3ffaa6d31022525c.jpegIMG_2877.jpeg.fa32621a96f77a5e17eb9f0d507613f2.jpegIMG_2876.jpeg.7aa86c4ad089eaf0ac1ebf8abda6ba41.jpegIMG_28752.jpeg.7fa07accd338c07b70c7dc449bc81bee.jpegIMG_28732.jpeg.e61048e34988092d4d957ed0968bbaf9.jpegIMG_2872.jpeg.e9a01716c01d0d54fa04a008417b71fa.jpeg

1 hour ago, SandJCruiser said:

Why does a solo cabin have twin beds?

My guess is some people still like a Queen sized bed. We have a friend who lost her husband a few years ago, but when she travels she still books a King bed.

Edited by Roland4

2 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

thanks for creating this thread, Keith.  the room looks fine to me.  one question:  does crystal put binoculars in the rooms for all passengers?

I believe they do since they had them in every room for Northwest Passage but I didn't look.

Keith

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

And two bathrobes. 

I am thinking that at some point they could sell these or use them as doubles rather than letting them go vacant. They look the same as any double room even those on other decks with the exception of no verandah.

Keith

1 hour ago, ctjon said:

Not only why double beds but why so many wine/drink glasses  - seems strange to me.

I can only assume that if they don't sell as singles they could be used as doubles.

In terms of glasses you might be traveling with someone who is in another room and they come to visit.

Or, maybe someone invites someone to spend the night. This would not be a first.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Looks very nice.

You mentioned that double rooms are the same? Also redone?

Every double room has been done with the exception of the ones that are for the entertainers/enrichment personnel so this goes for other decks with the verandahs.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Every double room has been done with the exception of the ones that are for the entertainers/enrichment personnel so this goes for other decks with the verandahs.

Nice. To me those cabins look perfectly fine. We spend very little time in the room, so having a larger room is more like "nice to have". 

• Like 1

Crystal needs to fill the ships (or at least come close) to be profitable.  Looking at the Serenity sailings the only categories to regularly fill are the Penthouse, junior penthouse and solo rooms. I think we can agree that there aren't any new penthouse or junior penthouse suites coming anytime soon. 

But given that the solo rooms are popular and the other deck 7 rooms are not selling to capacity it seems to me the obvious solution is to expand the offering of solo rooms...at least until the other rooms sell better.  The obvious choice for new solo rooms are the old C2 rooms...those with an obstructed view. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SandJCruiser said:

Why does a solo cabin have twin beds?

I thought that was strange, too.

It’s not that it “has” twin beds, but that the bed isn’t made up beds together.

2 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Crystal needs to fill the ships (or at least come close) to be profitable.  Looking at the Serenity sailings the only categories to regularly fill are the Penthouse, junior penthouse and solo rooms. I think we can agree that there aren't any new penthouse or junior penthouse suites coming anytime soon. 

But given that the solo rooms are popular and the other deck 7 rooms are not selling to capacity it seems to me the obvious solution is to expand the offering of solo rooms...at least until the other rooms sell better.  The obvious choice for new solo rooms are the old C2 rooms...those with an obstructed view. 

Actually, I’ve looked at itineraries that are wait-list only in deck seven doubles, and the simple veranda doubles. There just aren’t that many of them. 

22 minutes ago, May B said:

I thought that was strange, too.

It’s not that it “has” twin beds, but that the bed isn’t made up beds together.

I think I like that.  I have a feeling with the reduced closet space the second bed will be occupied with an open suitcase holding folded clothes.

I'm actually in a double room and hope the beds can be separated there as well.

Roy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

thanks for creating this thread, Keith.  the room looks fine to me.  one question:  does crystal put binoculars in the rooms for all passengers?

I think that's still an open question,  My recollection is that for the standard rooms they were only there for the NWP, possibly rented from one of the partners on that cruise.

Roy

40 minutes ago, May B said:

Actually, I’ve looked at itineraries that are wait-list only in deck seven doubles, and the simple veranda doubles. There just aren’t that many of them. 

My post was only in regards to the deck 7 rooms.  I checked every Serenity sailing....only one sailing is wait listed for the double rooms on deck 7.  That is the December 23 sailing.  Number of sailings wait listed for solo rooms? Twenty-One.

Maybe Crystal thinks solos will pay up for a double room on deck seven.  I think many solos (even Crystal fans) may decide to book another cruise line with lower supplements rather than paying up. 

8 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

All the rooms on deck 7 were redone except for the ones for entertainers.

Some of you have asked about power outlets in the solo and double occupancy rooms. There are plenty of them.

IMG_28952.jpeg.abfd5d16e7bd67e99f2258c48d708e5e.jpeg

IMG_28942.jpeg.001926788abc582579c423d774c5dc75.jpeg

IMG_28932.jpeg.677c3a1d9cbc57fbb739e055c89e6e5c.jpeg

IMG_28922.jpeg.21b36edc0ce69e9e0bfcba8c4e795194.jpeg

Keith, do you remember these outlets are (from #1 to #4) are in the room?  I was pleased to see #4 as I will be able to use one of my UK adapters from QM2 to get an outlet there.

Roy

12 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Keith, do you remember these outlets are (from #1 to #4) are in the room?  I was pleased to see #4 as I will be able to use one of my UK adapters from QM2 to get an outlet there.

Roy

Roy I believe 4 is the desk, two is one of the end tables by the bed, and I am not sure but one was on the counter above the refrigerator next to the closet.

Keith

• Thanks 1