Reserve Collection Dining?

Bridgestone66

Hello all, quick question on reserve collection menu.... Website says "expanded" menu options for those who are in reserve collection dining area.   What does that mean or does anyone have examples of the expanded menu?   curious because the other two couples traveling with us aren't in the reserve so won't be able to use that dining privilege.  I wanted to see what I would be missing if we all eat together in the MDR.  Thanks.

May I make a suggestion. At least go to breakfast, and maybe even lunch once on a sea day, in the Reserve Dining Room just to experience the difference during those dining times. Since you paid the big bucks, I’m sure your friends will understand. For us we now only book cabins that offer Reserve dining. Our food always arrives hot, and we are usually seated immediately when we arrive and at a table with a significant distance from others, not always the case in the MDR.

Otherwise, if you don’t plan on dining in the Reserve dining room, is it too late to downgrade to a mini suite and save some $$$, as there are no real other tangible differences between the two.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 5

Usually a special entree or pasta not on the MDR menu. Also no wait to be seated. If you are not going to eat in reserve dining no sense to have those cabins. We tell friends who are traveling with us that if they don’t have reserve dining that we would not be able to have dinner together 

• Like 1

Well, I have a different slant on the Resrve dining. We have the same problem as the OP where we have Reserve and our traveling partners do not. When we originally booked we were "standard" dining but our TA notified us that we could get Reserve and end up actually paying less than what our original fare would be in a standard mini-suite. Of course we jumped on it! Then, our friends booked but Reserve was fully booked up.

Now, we *were* going to take advantage of Reserve (of course) but now that our friends are involved we prefer to eat with them. (We might take 2 or 3 meals in Reserve...)

The issue that I have is that I cannot book any non-Reserve dining for all of us except for SD.  When I try to do so it only shows us specialty dining since the system "knows" that we are Reserve!

I realize this is not going to be a common issue for most! We have done this once before when it was known as Club Class. We only did the upgrade primarily because of the overall savings we were going to get. 

I am posting just to point this out with the DMW app. Our friends ended up having to book all of our dining since we could not. Again,  not a big deal...it's just that I am usually the one who handles all of the details like this for our group.  Just FYI...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bridgestone66 said:

Hello all, quick question on reserve collection menu.... Website says "expanded" menu options for those who are in reserve collection dining area.   What does that mean or does anyone have examples of the expanded menu?   curious because the other two couples traveling with us aren't in the reserve so won't be able to use that dining privilege.  I wanted to see what I would be missing if we all eat together in the MDR.  Thanks.

My thinking is, if you plan to dine with friends, save the upcharge and book a high end mini that isn't Reserve and save that booking for when you travel as a couple.  Otherwise, it seems a waste of money to me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thanks to all the responses.   We actually got the Reserve for the location of room..... M107 with the huge balcony.   I think we will try to eat breakfast and lunch (when onboard) in that section and maybe 1 or 2 nights...  I had my friends reserve for 6 people each night on the app to include us.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can always drop by the Reserve Dining room after dinner for coffee and the special desserts (peach melba, banana foster, etc).

Ummmm… Banana Foster???

First I find out about the “unadvertised” cinnamon doughnuts and then you just casually throw out Banana Foster like no big deal. Damn, you hit on two of my favorite sins right there 🙂 (lol).

Anymore fattening and delicious treats I could possibly overdose on while onboard?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Ummmm… Banana Foster???

First I find out about the “unadvertised” cinnamon doughnuts and then you just casually throw out Banana Foster like no big deal. Damn, you hit on two of my favorite sins right there 🙂 (lol).

Anymore fattening and delicious treats I could possibly overdose on while onboard?

I don’t eat the crepes and they had something with pear, and another with pineapple.  He was suppose to do a table side Caesar salad, but that didn’t happen.  The pasta with garlic was wonderful.  I skip most of the extra dishes except the lamb chops.

I can skip the “new” ice cream heart attack treat for a make your own sundae in the MDR.  if only they had hot fudge.

• Like 1

I have friends, and,  I have GOOD friends......BUT not sure any of them could make me skip the enjoyment of a reserve class supper !  

I was hooked after ordering escargot one evening. Our waiter on the Regal noticed how much I ENJOYED them and he brought me a plate every evening.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

What is this, is it the red heart thing I have seen? If so what is it made of taste of?

Sorry cr8tiv1 I see you said ice cream, that is if the picture I saw is the ‘heart attack treat’ you are talking about

• Like 1

Cinnamon Donuts (not as much cinnamon as before) can be found in the IC during some mornings.  

Just making a statement:  I brought my own donut up for the IC to Sabatini's Suite Breakfast.  I was "mocked", but every day after that, there was a cinnamon donut at my table. So they do make them every day.  I have never checked the buffet.

As in many Princess recipes, this one has changed over the years.  It is much more bready and not as light as previous versions.

• Like 1

@Rick&Jeannie

On 8/14/2023 at 1:57 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, I have a different slant on the Resrve dining. We have the same problem as the OP where we have Reserve and our traveling partners do not. When we originally booked we were "standard" dining but our TA notified us that we could get Reserve and end up actually paying less than what our original fare would be in a standard mini-suite. Of course we jumped on it! Then, our friends booked but Reserve was fully booked up.

Now, we *were* going to take advantage of Reserve (of course) but now that our friends are involved we prefer to eat with them. (We might take 2 or 3 meals in Reserve...)

The issue that I have is that I cannot book any non-Reserve dining for all of us except for SD.  When I try to do so it only shows us specialty dining since the system "knows" that we are Reserve!

I realize this is not going to be a common issue for most! We have done this once before when it was known as Club Class. We only did the upgrade primarily because of the overall savings we were going to get. 

I am posting just to point this out with the DMW app. Our friends ended up having to book all of our dining since we could not. Again,  not a big deal...it's just that I am usually the one who handles all of the details like this for our group.  Just FYI...

How in the world did you manage to get a Reserve cabin for less money than a regular mini-suite?  

I mean, that's fantastic, but we just don't understand how that can be when it's a higher category.  

Does your TA have special connections???

We're currently in a minisuite guarantee on the Sky, and are talking seriously about trying for a Reserve cabin.  Any pointers to accomplish this for less would be appreciated!

6 minutes ago, Robkat said:

@Rick&Jeannie

How in the world did you manage to get a Reserve cabin for less money than a regular mini-suite?  

I mean, that's fantastic, but we just don't understand how that can be when it's a higher category.  

We're currently in a minisuite guarantee on the Sky, and are talking seriously about trying for a Reserve cabin.  Any pointers to accomplish this for less would be appreciated!

I booked fairly early in this case.  Then (apparently) fares went down and my TA was able to do this.  Surprised me very much as well!  I think I was just in the right place at the right time!

1 hour ago, Robkat said:

@Rick&Jeannie

Always look for fare drops you can sometimes get deals if you don’t mind changing locations

Hello! Didn't want to start another thread, so thought I'd ask this here... has anyone had success bringing a regular mini-suite guest for Reserve dining?

I have a Reserve and unless another one free's up, my travel companion will be in a regular mini. Since it looks like I will be able to dine when I please, wondering if they will let me bring a non-reserve passenger with me.

In reading the materials, Princess says this isn't allowed, but one person told me she was able to bring friends. Anyone have an onboard experience with this?