Guarantee balcony on Equinox

Reijo

I just booked a last minute cruise on Equinox.  We ended up with a guarantee balcony and was surprised that almost immediately our room number showed up on our Xpress Pass.  We were assigned room 2144 on deck 12 and it appears that this is is a Concierge Class Stateroom.  I have two questions….what exactly is the Concierge Class/how does it differ from a regular balcony stateroom and is Celebrity still recognizing RCCL Loyalty Status?  I’m showing Elite status but was told they are no longer matching status.  Would appreciate any help.

Edited by Reijo

19 minutes ago, Reijo said:

I just booked a last minute cruise on Equinox.  We ended up with a guarantee balcony and was surprised that almost immediately our room number showed up on our Xpress Pass.  We were assigned room 2144 on deck 12 and it appears that this is is a Concierge Class Stateroom.  I have two questions….what exactly is the Concierge Class/how does it differ from a regular balcony stateroom and is Celebrity still recognizing RCCL Loyalty Status?  I’m showing Elite status but was told they are no longer matching status.  Would appreciate any help.

Who told you they were not matching status?  

I believe it was on Cruise Critic.  It was the first of this year or end of 2022.  Since I’m showing Elite status on my Xpress Pass, I’m assuming they still are recognizing the same status.

1 hour ago, Reijo said:

what exactly is the Concierge Class/how does it differ from a regular balcony stateroom...

told they are no longer matching status.  

---At a minimum, you'll be on a higher deck and will get a plate of questionable canapes every afternoon.

---You were "told" wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Reijo said:

Which sailing will you be on? We also booked gty verandah on Equinox for Sept 10. We did not get Concierge, but we did get a fairly decent cabin location. Not immediately, but pretty soon after booking (a couple weeks maybe?). We booked after final payment. CC is supposedly more desirable locations but other than that the other perks are no longer worth it. I almost booked one for priority embark/debark but apparently that is now gone.

You are lucky they did status match right away for you. My cabin mate is also Diamond on RCCL and she had to call to Capt Club to her her status match, even though she linked her loyalty accts on her profile. I've read that sometimes it's automatic, sometimes you have to call.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

Which sailing will you be on? We also booked gty verandah on Equinox for Sept 10. We did not get Concierge, but we did get a fairly decent cabin location. Not immediately, but pretty soon after booking (a couple weeks maybe?). We booked after final payment. CC is supposedly more desirable locations but other than that the other perks are no longer worth it. I almost booked one for priority embark/debark but apparently that is now gone.

You are lucky they did status match right away for you. My cabin mate is also Diamond on RCCL and she had to call to Capt Club to her her status match, even though she linked her loyalty accts on her profile. I've read that sometimes it's automatic, sometimes you have to call.

We are also on the 10th sailing.  I don’t think the priority embarkation will apply to us since we were given only a couple of times we could board ship, starting at 1pm.  Can’t wait, it’s right around the corner.

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

You scored big on that cabin!  Being the last cabin in the hall aft, it has an oversized balcony.  We had the matching cabin (2146) on Silly last year.

Glad to hear that it’s a good stateroom.  Did you have any issues with noise from the cafe above it?  I’ve read that it could be a problem.  We’re at the very back of the cafe so hopefully all will be okay.  Appreciate your comment.

16 hours ago, mbrust said:

This is a connecting room if that is an issue. Under OVC /pool deck bar seating. 

No, that isn't an issue.  We've had connecting rooms many times and never had a problems.  But....thanks for the "heads up".  I'll take some earplugs, just in case!