can we carry our carry on suitcases onto the ship?

jrblach

1 hour ago, Bwana Tom said:

It is so much easier to just drop them off at the dock then go and enjoy the ship. We usually travel with a checked bag and a carry-on bag for the flight, but when we get to the dock we drop all of the bags off for them to handle. The only exception is I have a backpack which has my computer and valuables in it. That I will carry on. I wish I could drop it off as well, but unsure if I would trust them with its contents. It is so nice however to not have to lug suitcases around when at times the elevators and passageways can be quite crowded. 

But it's so nice to have the luggage with us so we can quickly unpack items for the safe & other things that wrinkle so they can hang up while we have lunch.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Another tip.  Use the aft or forward elevators to drop off your bags in your cabin, less crowded.

You've got that right, at least the forward elevators.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

Great advice. Never thought of that.

If you enter on deck 5 or 6 you'll have to walk up to deck 7 in order to go to the rear elevators on most ships. Sort of defeats the purpose if you can catch an elevator initially. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

If you enter on deck 5 or 6 you'll have to walk up to deck 7 in order to go to the rear elevators on most ships. Sort of defeats the purpose if you can catch an elevator initially. 

You can walk to the the  forward elevators on deck 5 or 6 and go to which ever deck you need without having to walk up any steps.  Course it's a long walk if your cabin is aft but beats walking up stairs with a carry on.  Mine are always quite heavy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

You can walk to the the  forward elevators on deck 5 or 6 and go to which ever deck you need without having to walk up any steps.  Course it's a long walk if your cabin is aft but beats walking up stairs with a carry on.  Mine are always quite heavy.

We always book mid-ship, arrive early and carry all our luggage so we pretty much eliminate the crazy hour of boarding.

On 8/15/2023 at 3:16 PM, jrblach said:

we are each bringing just 2 carry on suitcases - 20 or 21 inch - can we carry these onto the ship instead of checking them?  also, at end of cruise can we carry them off ourselves? we are going on Sky and Regal in Southampton. thanks

Yes to both