The Apex Split Cabana

attitudeda

Previously post were that a bottle of champagne or vodka, water, cheese/fruit plate and 6 beers.

Those posts were when the prices were higher than I am seeing on my upcoming sailing - around $200 - 250 for 1/2 cabana.

Now I am seeing $ price $135 - 150 but recent reports are a bottle of sparking wine, fruit plate, water.

We were thinking of booking one but decided to wait until we are on the ship for find out what is included.

We did a half cabana for the two of us on Apex -- and loved it. They reserved the two comfortable lounge seats looking out to the ocean that were across from our coach area, too. That was nice. 

We had a bottle of gin (you pick Veuve or a bottle), six beers were included but we didn't get them, and we had lunch brought to us. We also got the yummy orange juice from the spa cafe and whatever my daughter wanted.

Cold hand/face towels came twice, too. And some fruit skewers.

It was perfect for us. We read, napped, visited and had a lovely home base for a sea day that ended with us in San Juan around 3pm.

Edited to add:

This was in April 2023. It was $150. 

Edited by Butterfly0822
Additional info.

I just called Celebrity to ask about the inclusions with a cabana.  The rep read off a list that included 

4 bottles of Evian water

6 beers

cold towels

facial spray

and a food menu that was very similar to the Retreat Sun Deck lunch menu with the addition of a fruit plate.

I asked about sparkling wine, champagne or liquor and they were not in the description.  She checked further and said there was an enhanced cabana offering that included champagne or liquor but that was not currently  available.  

1 hour ago, CruisinShips said:

We enjoy a cabana once in a while...but given the pics of the Retreat I've seen, it seems like it would be "redundant" to get a cabana.  Agree?

Agree!  We just cancelled the one we booked.  With a bottle of liquor or champagne included it was ok.  But  I can get you the same water, beers and lunch at the Retreat

at. no extra charge.

Just now, hcat said:

we will be in a Sunset Veranda..so thought we might try it at least once

do people still use it as a walk through or has that changed since EDGE?

The Beyond they were behind a row of loungers  facing the main pool..  Again no privacy.

I was traveling with my 11 year old in a concierge stateroom. We only had the non-alcoholic beverage packages (she had the kids version and I had the old package before the new Zero Proof package came along), so getting the fresh juices and a bottle of booze for my stateroom was a nice perk! 

Pre-cruise I heard talk of random people taking the seats in front of the cabanas to look at the ocean, but that wasn't our experience at all -- in fact, there was a little sign with my name on the table between the chairs to reserve them for us.  

I felt like it was a great value for what we got as non-Retreat guests. No fussing over seats..... No worries.... Plenty of shade...... Nice service. And a huge amount of space to relax, read, and play cards. 

I can't recall the cabana number we had -- it was towards the end, and we didn't have anyone in the other side of us. 

IMG_20230410_100219916_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20230410_095128187_HDR~2.jpg

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I cancelled mine when I called was told the it did not include a bottle of liquor or champagne.  

There are You Tube videos which show both the full and split cabana and surrounding area.