Any experience using NCL's Premium Air service?

smokeykat

I am looking for any feedback on using NCL premium air service. Was it easy to book through them? Are you able to pick your own flights and seats?

We are going in September 2024 on the Escape Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona. I want to fly in and spend 2 nights precruise and possibly stay one night post cruise.

I know I can book this by myself. Just curious about this NCL service and if it is worth the $50.00 per person fee.

Any feedback will be much appreciated!

47 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

It is an administrative fee that is per person that is non refundable. Looks like a commission charge to me for handling the booking.

So...what's the advantage to using them? I can book my own flights without paying $100 for two.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...what's the advantage to using them? I can book my own flights without paying $100 for two.

Bingo.  Or use a travel agency that might give you a rebate or OBC, other perks.

But some people don't want to bother doing it on their own.

\And I do know that some of the BOGO flights that I've gotten were routes that never showed up when I looked to book on my own. Equivalent or better than what I was able to find.

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Bingo.  Or use a travel agency that might give you a rebate or OBC, other perks.

But some people don't want to bother doing it on their own.

\And I do know that some of the BOGO flights that I've gotten were routes that never showed up when I looked to book on my own. Equivalent or better than what I was able to find.

You were lucky.  The three times I used BOGO they were definitely not the flights I would have chosen.  I also hate not having control of the reservation and the Airlimes not willing to talk to me.

I’m also not sure I agree with using a TA for the same reason.  I like having control of my reservation unless there is a significant discount or extra perks.  I have pretty high status on both American and Delta (the only major airlines that fly from my airport).  Honestly, I found it disconcerting that they wouldn’t talk to me when they pick up the phone on the first ring when I control the reservation. 😂

We're using it every time. Now for the 4th cruise. Never had any issue. We don't have to pay the 50 here. We always have the flights we want, much cheaper than we can get ourselfs. And always Premium (Lufthansa). Lufthansa is willing to speak with us, we have control about the booked flights  🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, step78 said:

We're using it every time. Now for the 4th cruise. Never had any issue. We don't have to pay the 50 here. We always have the flights we want, much cheaper than we can get ourselfs. And always Premium (Lufthansa). Lufthansa is willing to speak with us, we have control about the booked flights  🙂

BINGO!!!! That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you I will give them a call and report back. Is there anyone in particular that you speak to with NCL Premium Air ?

21 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

BINGO!!!! That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you I will give them a call and report back. Is there anyone in particular that you speak to with NCL Premium Air ?

Yes, please report back. We're also on the Escape in September, 2024 (out of Rome...you may actually be on the same cruise, since they also have embarkation in Barcelona) and currently have the BOGO booked.

Although, it's still too early in the game to see airfares for over a year out.

Edited by schmoopie17

I contacted Premium Air and was told they wouldn’t talk to me, that my travel agent had to contact them.

Travel agent called and was told the cost of our chosen flights is $5,000 each. When I check on American Airlines site the cost is $1,950.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fishboy1947 said:

I contacted Premium Air and was told they wouldn’t talk to me, that my travel agent had to contact them.

Travel agent called and was told the cost of our chosen flights is $5,000 each. When I check on American Airlines site the cost is $1,950.

I guess you see why they call it "Premium Air".

My TA is very negative on NCL air.

She will book it if you insist.  She's not really interested in selling her clients a poor product and having to deal with the complaints.

15 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I guess you see why they call it "Premium Air".

My TA is very negative on NCL air.

She will book it if you insist.  She's not really interested in selling her clients a poor product and having to deal with the complaints.

Repeat.  There is a difference between what your TA is most likely calling "NCL air" and the premium air service. NCL air is not flexible, premium air works with you to book what you want booked.  But if you are already working with a TA, I don't see why you wouldn't just use them to book your airfare.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Repeat.  There is a difference between what your TA is most likely calling "NCL air" and the premium air service. NCL air is not flexible, premium air works with you to book what you want booked.  But if you are already working with a TA, I don't see why you wouldn't just use them to book your airfare.

There's no need to use a TA to book your airfare.  

My TA says the commissions are so small that it's really not worth her time but she will gladly do it as a favor to  her clients.

I use an online service to research flights and then book my preferred options directly with the airlines.

And,  yes, my TA fully understands the difference between NCL air and the premium air service.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

There's no need to use a TA to book your airfare.  

My TA says the commissions are so small that it's really not worth her time but she will gladly do it as a favor to  her clients.

I use an online service to research flights and then book my preferred options directly with the airlines.

And,  yes, my TA fully understands the difference between NCL air and the premium air service.

My point was why would someone contact NCL premium air if they have a TA.

When booking air with other cruise lines like, Princess or Celebrity, one of the advantages is that if airfares drop in price prior to final payment, you can reprice the airfare. Another is that you can cancel up to final payment with no cost. Additionally, at least with Princess, international flights are usually considerable cheaper than booking otherwise.