Rules for dining room attire.

azgrandmax3

It has been many years since we have sailed with Celebrity.  I have read through our pages of booking information and have not found what is expected in Celebrity dining rooms.  Do they have "formal nights" etc.  Our cruise includes port of  Athens, Jerusalem, Alexandria and Ephesus.  Than you for whatever advice you he to offer.

Joyce

AT NIGHT

SMART CASUAL 

Smart Casual attire is required for entry to main dining, specialty dining, and the Celebrity Theatre. Smart Casual means you look comfortable yet tasteful in a dress, skirt, long pants, or jean, and stylish top or button-down. Shorts and flip flops are not considered Smart Casual. 

EVENING CHIC

Each itinerary features one to two “formal” nights we call Evening Chic. Evening Chic means you dress to impress, glamorous and sophisticated in your own way, with a cocktail dress, skirt, slacks, or designer jean, an elegant dress top or blazer—some guests even pack a tuxedo or gown for onboard photos. The Daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening. If you do not wish to participate in Evening Chic, Smart Casual attire is acceptable for dining and theater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, whataboutport said:

I would just repeat outfits but add in more sparkly accessories or fancier hair, or more dramatic makeup. That won't take up too much more room in the luggage.

Lashes and bold lipsticks takes almost no room. 

Honestly every evening I got dressed for dinner and it looked better than many for “chic night”. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, whataboutport said:

I would just repeat outfits but add in more sparkly accessories or fancier hair, or more dramatic makeup. That won't take up too much more room in the luggage.

I like your style. I will have to consult the boss and see if she will agree to me wearing "dramatic makeup".  Unfortunately my lack of hair doesn't make it easy to have a "fancier hairdo" unless of course I invest in a wig. 🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Even though they restrict certain things like shorts and tank tops, I've seen people wearing pretty much anything. Celebrity does not enforce any dress standards.

I think it definitely hit or miss with celebrity enforcing dress standards, I have seen cutoff shorts and baseball cap on backwards.

Just back from Edge in Med.  Chic Night was hardly any different from any other night on board.  The vast majority of passengers using MDRs were appropriately dressed but not many men with jackets, maybe because of the heat in Med.  We came across one man in shorts and two with ball caps on Chic nights in MDR.  

Celebrity doesn't make a "thing" of Chic nights like it used to.  It seems to be "same as any other night but dress up a bit"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Even though they restrict certain things like shorts and tank tops, I've seen people wearing pretty much anything. Celebrity does not enforce any dress standards.

The fanatstic Celebrity cruise experience before RCI bought them out in 1997 was memorable!!!  Little by little the Celebrity experience today can be memorable and definitely not in a positive way!!!!

5 minutes ago, George C said:

When we were on beyond last November I know Blu restaurant wouldn’t let a ten year old in because he was wearing shorts , he went back to there cabin with his father to change.

As it should be. I hate age discrimination. 

• Like 1