What restaurants are available for lunch on non sea days? Eclipse----

Jetswdo

On an upcoming cruise my husband's 70th birthday falls on a day where port time is annoying--- 1:30 ship's time and all aboard at 8:30  ship's time.  We would prefer to "celebrate" by having a nice lunch on the ship around 12:00, then going to the resort for the late afternoon- planning to be back on board around 7:00---then just do the buffet or maybe room service, if we are just exhausted.

We are aqua class, and Blu is not available for lunch.  Any suggestions? Thanks, Anita

Sushi on 5.  I don't eat fish/seafood but I enjoyed it for lunch.  I was on the Equinox when I ate there but it's the same menu on the Eclipse.  Those in my party who do eat seafood enjoyed it as well.

It's a la carte.  You can make a reservation.

If you look at the app you can see the menu. 🍣🍚

The other lunch options are the Spa Cafe, Oceanview Cafe (buffet), the Mast Grill (burgers and hotdogs) and Room Service - for port days.  Perhaps the Main Dining Room will be open as well since lunch is served 12pm - 1:30pm and you don't dock until 1:30pm.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

With a 1:30 port arrival I suspect the MDR might be open for lunch.   I've been in this situation while in a suite and Luminae would be open for lunch. 

They know everyone is wanting to leave as soon as they dock and the buffet would be an absolute zoo if they needed to get everyone through in about an hour.

Edited by wrk2cruise

I just spoke with captains club-- I was told that you could not make a lunch reservation for Sushi on Five- and the rep didn't know if it would be open on a non sea day.  I would be fine with a main dining room if it were open.  I would actually prefer the main dining room. as the only thing I can eat at sushi is the chicken goyza and miso soup--- I am not a fish eater (my husband loves sushi)-- from what I looked on line, there were more non fish offerings at dinner----  I wish I could find on line a recent "Celebrity Today" daily- Mexico sailing- so I can see what would be available on Puerto Vijarta day-- 1:30 port time--- very frustrating.

If the Main Dining Room isn't open and you decide to go to Sushi on 5, you should be able to make a reservation on boarding day for lunch for the day you want later in the cruise.  I know Celebrity changes things but on the Equinox (2021), I made a lunch reservation for my group of 4.  I did make it onboard but definitely had a reservation.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

I hope you are all correct.  I was told that no reservations can be made for lunch (captains club phone number) and that Sushi on Five would be open sea days only.  I have had wrong information told to me from Celebrity often-- my fellow cruise critic members were (are) far more accurate!  So I will keep my fingers crossed and make a lunch reservation onboard if available for Sushi on Five for the day we need it.  If it turns out that a mdr is open (hopefully for aqua class use as well) on that day, then I may cancel Sushi appointment.   Can items be purchased a la carte- or is it $30 per person flat rate at lunch time? (at Sushi)

3 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

I hope you are all correct.  I was told that no reservations can be made for lunch (captains club phone number) and that Sushi on Five would be open sea days only.  I have had wrong information told to me from Celebrity often-- my fellow cruise critic members were (are) far more accurate!  So I will keep my fingers crossed and make a lunch reservation onboard if available for Sushi on Five for the day we need it.  If it turns out that a mdr is open (hopefully for aqua class use as well) on that day, then I may cancel Sushi appointment.   Can items be purchased a la carte- or is it $30 per person flat rate at lunch time? (at Sushi)

A la carte at Sushi on 5. 

Yes, you can dine in the Main Dining Room even if you are in Aqua with Blu.  For lunch you just show up like everyone else.  

🍹

• Thanks 1