Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

Just now, bluesea777 said:

I think you're supposed to check-in at train station an hour before departure. So they can take your bag and check you in and give you ticket with seat number.

It's like checking in and boarding a flight.

I might be 5 mins late then.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

46 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The worst was the time we had bbq…and it was just sandwiches. I’m like where’s the ribs? The chicken? The brisket? The tater salad?

Yeah, my experience at a Wisconsin "fish fry" was basically just going to a bar/restaurant where fried fish was among the menu items.  

• Like 3

That’s was an adventure. Uber/Lyft only pickup/drop off at the 2nd level.

that was interesting on pickup when it said be at door 1 and I was at door 1 on the first level. Don’t know if I mentioned it.

Anyway. Driver says yes go downstairs for the train. I got downstairs and no signs. I asked a lady who works there she says “what train?” I say Alaska railway to Seward. She points outside at a train up on the floor in and from and says “that Train?” Yes…that train. She says go downstairs and walk that way. So you have to take the elevator from arrivals down to 0. Then you see this.

IMG_1830.jpeg

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Yeah, my experience at a Wisconsin "fish fry" was basically just going to a bar/restaurant where fried fish was among the menu items.  

yeah it’s basically fish and chips. Cod. But they do call it a fish fry.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

This girl in front of me says go to the table, find your name on the list, and grab an orange tag. Interesting fact. There is another person on this cruise with my name. First and last. Never seen that before. 15 years older. Anyway an NCL guy comes up and says I need your room number.

I grab it off of my luggage tag and he says “oh if you have that all you have to do is put your luggage with the others.

• Like 6
  • Haha 8