No upgrade offers for us but for others

Linda W.

Question:  if we are already booked in the YC but would like the opportunity to bid for a better/bigger YC stateroom will they send out an offer?  I noticed someone on our ship was given the opportunity to bid for the YC for our same date but we weren’t.  Is it because we are already booked in the YC?  First cruise with MSC so trying to understand their system.  Thanks.

Already booked in YC still get a chance for upgrade bid.

Usually offer comes right after final payment.

Some agencys do not participate in the program so you would not get the offer. I have heard that the "big box" stores do not participate.

We have an Internet agency & always get the offers.

2 hours ago, Shippy said:

Already booked in YC still get a chance for upgrade bid.

Usually offer comes right after final payment.

Some agencys do not participate in the program so you would not get the offer. I have heard that the "big box" stores do not participate.

We have an Internet agency & always get the offers.

Oh!  Perhaps it is because I haven’t submitted our final payment!  I had read somewhere that there was no benefit to hurry and pay it off but evidently there is!  I booked directly through MSC not a big box.

2 hours ago, Linda W. said:

Oh!  Perhaps it is because I haven’t submitted our final payment!  I had read somewhere that there was no benefit to hurry and pay it off but evidently there is!  I booked directly through MSC not a big box.

Not sure if that would speed up the offer vs just so many days before sailing.

I would be hesitant to pay final payment before it is due. If something happened & I had to cancel before the due date, I would have to try & get my money back. Sometimes maybe easy, sometimes maybe not.

3 hours ago, Linda W. said:

Or perhaps the sign-up for notification.  On the online web check-in platform,  you have the opportunity to accept special offers and news from MSC.  I understand from the postings of others, if you don't select "YES", you will not get upgrade offers.  May want to check if that is done.  It as at the bottom of the check-in form.

image.png.fba3fe767f694f356725c885eb39474a.png

• Like 1

I got an upgrade E-mail on the 22.7.23. We sail on the Euriba from Hamburg on the 8th October.

I had booked a YC inside and got my upgrade today to a YC Club deluxe suite.   

Still 7 weeks before sailing.

Happy cruising

Stephen

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAGR said:

Or perhaps the sign-up for notification.  On the online web check-in platform,  you have the opportunity to accept special offers and news from MSC.  I understand from the postings of others, if you don't select "YES", you will not get upgrade offers.  May want to check if that is done.  It as at the bottom of the check-in form.

image.png.fba3fe767f694f356725c885eb39474a.png

Thank you for this. I went right back in and changed my No to Yes. On my first MSC (Seaside) cruise I had an Inside guarantee and was assigned to a Balcony. Fingers crossed that happens again. If not, at least with this I might have a chance at an upgrade offer

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Preziosa said:

How much did you pay for that upgrade on Euribia

700 Euro each,

We got a very good deal in Nov 22 for the inside YC. less than 1200 Euros.

The upgrade was between 630 and 850 Euro. With the cabinprice today 

we saved just over 50%.

I almost always get an upgrade offer.  Many times the cabins they are offering are showing sold out on my sailing..I think they use much of the data to determine future pricing structures...as in, what will people pay?  

• Like 1

I received an email to upgrade from my YCI to YCD but the cost was not much more than purchasing the YCD straight out (I think I would have saved $300).

I read on my cruise group someone went from inside fantastica to YCD with a bid (she bid YCI and they gave her a YCD).  

How do you change your selection on the “web check in page” if you can’t check in until 30 days before sailing ?? I would like to be sure that I get upgrade offers and don’t recall checking any box indicating yes or no to a question regarding that. Final payment isn’t until December, but many people say they get offers in advance of final payment. 

13 hours ago, brucevr6 said:

How do you change your selection on the “web check in page” if you can’t check in until 30 days before sailing ?? I would like to be sure that I get upgrade offers and don’t recall checking any box indicating yes or no to a question regarding that. Final payment isn’t until December, but many people say they get offers in advance of final payment. 

The upgrade offers are handled by a 3rd party partner and not MSC and are random, not everyone gets one. They are linked to your marketing preferences in your online account, if you ticked the box to receive marketing from MSC then you may or may not get an email inviting you to bid. 

We're sailing in under 2 weeks on Seascape and just received yet another offer to bid on an upgrade. Lowest bid from where we're currently booked (YC Deluxe Grand) to move into the Owners is still $5860 pp. Royal (which is the one I'd prefer tbh) is still just under $2500 pp. These are exactly the same starting bid prices we've been seeing since they began sending us offers. Do they ever go down??

On 8/21/2023 at 9:43 PM, wikoffclan said:

Thank you for this. I went right back in and changed my No to Yes. On my first MSC (Seaside) cruise I had an Inside guarantee and was assigned to a Balcony. Fingers crossed that happens again. If not, at least with this I might have a chance at an upgrade offer

DW and I did a bella balcony on Seaside in 2019 and were put in an Aurea hot tub cabin. Someone realized they are leaving quite a bit of revenue on the table doing that.