Snack Mahana with luggage

minidonuts85

We will be departing the PG around lunchtime on the second day in Moorea before she heads back to Papeete that night. Appears that Snack Mahana is a short taxi ride away (1.5km) and we'd like to bring our bags with us before we go to the hotel.  Anyone show up there with bags and any issues having them either near your table or somewhere else like the hostess area? Thanks! 

Edited by minidonuts85

2 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

We will be departing the PG around lunchtime on the second day in Moorea before she heads back to Papeete that night. Appears that Snack Mahana is a short taxi ride away (1.5km) and we'd like to bring our bags with us before we go to the hotel.  Anyone show up there with bags and any issues having them either near your table or somewhere else like the hostess area? Thanks! 

If you show up at lunch time your likely not going to get in without a long wait. There is room close to some of tables, not all, but some.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

Thank you! I see they open at 11am...maybe we will depart on the 10am tender and head over. 

As Flightmedic555 said  .... it is walkable 

But you could taxi over ... then have the same taxi person return like at 1PM to pick you up and thake you to your accommodations.

My person favorite at Snack Mahana is the curry shrimp ... yum

This is one of the most popular places on the island ... both tourist and the locals 

• Thanks 1

@Tahitianbigkahuna - what are the hours for Snack Mahana do you know? - I see they are open at 11am but what time do they close as I can't find it anywhere.  

We land at 5:30am and will be on the 10am car ferry so were thinking of heading straight there as we can't check in until 3pm but know we will be hungry so wondering what the "wait time" might be around 11:30am +/-  or if we really won't get in and should make other plans?

Thank you for any help 

1 hour ago, Piaa said:

@Tahitianbigkahuna - what are the hours for Snack Mahana do you know? - I see they are open at 11am but what time do they close as I can't find it anywhere.  

We land at 5:30am and will be on the 10am car ferry so were thinking of heading straight there as we can't check in until 3pm but know we will be hungry so wondering what the "wait time" might be around 11:30am +/-  or if we really won't get in and should make other plans?

Thank you for any help 

Depends on the time of year ... though I would say it's always busy. In July it's doubly busy ...

Closing is usually no later than 3PM<, sometimes sooner if they run out of food which has happened on busy days

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We ate at Snack Mahana yesterday (no luggage) and walked there easily from the PG tender dock. Arrived around 10:45am and there were about 6 people there waiting. We got one of the last tables right along the rail on the water but there were lots of other tables that were full by 11:30. 
The food was so good! The three of us went a little crazy and got two orders of carpaccio, tuna tartare, curry shrimp and the fried mahi in coconut sauce. 

IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3059.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

IMG_3055.jpeg

IMG_3049.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oakridger said:

@minidonuts85  I have had Hinano and liked it but not Tabu beer.  Did you prefer one over the other?  

Thank you very much for posting your real time experience in Moorea!

~Nancy

Hi Nancy, 

The Tabu was a lemon shanty and quite lemony. Give it a try but we just aren’t into shanty’s.  My fiancée switched back to Hinano. Another good one is HOA, local craft brew from Papeete,  that wasn’t at snack Mahana but on tap at some other spots. 

• Thanks 1