Question About Jacksonville and the Port?

GranysT

I have a cruise coming up in Nov. 1st time out of Jacksonville. Am loooking at Hotels  for pre and post cruise stays. Looking at Holiday Inn Express at Mayport Beach. How far is that hotel from the port? Does anyone know if that is a decent hotel? It has some good reviews, if you can trust them.Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry about this. I first posted this on carnival site, and was told to post on Florida Departures. So I did, then my post on Carnival site got moved to Florida Departures. So now I have 2 postings there. 

The Holiday Inn is close to port but not much around there, I stay at one of the hotels near the airport and walk to one of the two restaurants (Ruby Tuesday or Longhorn Steakhouse) from there it is 15 minute drive to port.  I have done many of these trips as I like the small ship and Bahamas has a special place in my heart, and I plan a cruise in early December to get some warm temps and it is a easy drive from East Tennessee. Enjoy your cruise.

The Jacksonville cruise port is not located near any resorts / beaches.  Lots of freight activity in the area, but not many hotels in that section of town.

Mapquest shows me a Holiday Inn Express one mile from the Cruise Port, and several other chain locations on the south side of the river, just off the east beltway. I-295 bridge spans the river at that point. These include Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, etc

The hotels I mentioned near airport are Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Sleep Inn, Fairfield Inn, Days Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn, Red Roof Inn, as mentioned 15 minutes to port and two restaurants walking distance and I think a mall is nearby.  

• 6 months later...