Dining question before booking 1st MSC cruise

killaypirate

14 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

If you are in Aurea, your table for two may be 6-10” from the next table for 2, which is 6-10” from the next….in a long row.  EM

They are so close you could pass the salt by just sliding it to the next table, wouldn't fall between them. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Brighton Line said:

They are so close you could pass the salt by just sliding it to the next table, wouldn't fall between them. 

I was in Aurea on the Meraviglia and the area they had designated in Panorama for Aurea guests had plenty of space between the tables, but for lunch only Waves was open and this is how close together the tables for two in Waves were:

PXL_20230410_160814351.thumb.jpg.4df13b8614da9a656cc884937fb48918.jpg

From what I understand, on some ships Aurea get their own dining room and on some ships Aurea is just one section of a larger dining room? One Meraviglia, Aurea is a section of the Panorama dining room and the tables there were very reasonably spaced.

5 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I’m speculating that Aurea has a separate dining room on ships/classes that don’t have Yacht Club

The newer ships may have a separate Aurea dining room. The older ships which don't have YC definitely don't have a separate dining room for Aurea. The 3 I've sailed on certainly didn't anyway. 

16 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The newer ships may have a separate Aurea dining room. The older ships which don't have YC definitely don't have a separate dining room for Aurea. The 3 I've sailed on certainly didn't anyway. 

Armonia had a separate dining room for Aurea.  EM

6 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I’m speculating that Aurea has a separate dining room on ships/classes that don’t have Yacht Club

Euribia and World Europa both have Aurea-specific MDRs (Il Campo and Les Dunes respectively) and Yacht Club.  Seems to be more the newer ships that get them.

15 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Armonia had a separate dining room for Aurea.  EM

I don't think that's right, unless they changed.  La Pergola was reserved for Aurea and Fantastica Suite guests, at least when she sailed out of Florida.