The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 24th, 2023

richwmn

33 minutes ago, Ineke said:

Daffodil day in August, that’s interesting! Over here (BC) April is Daffodil month, same great cause. Most folks wear daffodil pins during April.  Thanks you for this daily post, I have been lurking and enjoying everyone's insights for months now. 

welcome to the Daily 🙂 

Same here and and daffodils are cancer fund raisers here.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Ineke said:

Daffodil day in August, that’s interesting! Over here (BC) April is Daffodil month, same great cause. Most folks wear daffodil pins during April.  Thanks you for this daily post, I have been lurking and enjoying everyone's insights for months now. 

@Ineke  We are  in New Zealand, our seasons are opposite to you.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Sharon in AZ I am happy your mom made it to see her sister. Sometimes that's all that's needed to allow someone to let go. 

Glad your going to get to see family.

Thank you Joy. 

6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Is that the one with all caps in the title? I tend to skip such threads.

BTW, I have a booking on the Oosterdam, but I already know from other posts that the ship is a decrepit rustbucket, barely seaworthy, with terrible service and worse food....

The Oosterdam might be a rust bucket but the service and food are great. We were on her last year in the Med. They took wonderful care of DH during his covid quarantine and me when I was by myself. Many times the MDR managers would check on me especially if I wasn’t eating much (I’m a light eater).  The food was fantastic and the staff was great. Just remember it isn’t a Pinnacle class ship and it’s older. Enjoy it for what it is. BTW, the style and design of the Ocean Bar is my favorite. 

4 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Gosh those end-of-life visits are hard, Sharon.  Kind of like being in an alternate universe for the time.  But so glad your mom got to see her sister.  Seems like it makes a big difference for everyone to have that last precious time.

Thinking of you.

Maxine

Thank you Maxine. I’m hoping we can see her one more time but with our company coming it might be tight. Not sure how long someone can survive without water or food. 

• Like 12

@richwmn  Rich,  a bit late, but thank you for listing another New Zealand wine today.........another that we have not previously heard of.

Thanks to the posters who shared their photos of today's destination.

Best Wishes to all on the Care List.

DH arrived home from helping with the Cancer Society fund raising with a nice bunch of freshly picked  Daffodils.  

• Like 13