Past Passenger Discount

rslrhu

We got an email from a UK agency for a Princess Past Passenger offer on selected 2024 sailings.  We've been watching a cruise in June so asked for a re-quote out of interest not expecting much, but it came in 10% cheaper so we booked.  I never bothered putting my past passenger number in when getting quotes on websites before, but when I try it now many show the same 10% discount.  Just curious if there's always a discount of some kind and I didn't realise, and if , is it always this big?

I always check prices prior to logging into their website and then log in to their system to see if it changes.  I've never seen a discount.  One time I got a message saying there was a price change due to being a previous passenger, but it was an INCREASE!  The only time I've seen discounts is when I click on links via emails from Princess or my CVP.  I suppose it might have something to do with your captain's circle level.  I've only cruised 5 times with Princess.  

8 hours ago, rslrhu said:

We got an email from a UK agency for a Princess Past Passenger offer on selected 2024 sailings.  We've been watching a cruise in June so asked for a re-quote out of interest not expecting much, but it came in 10% cheaper so we booked.  I never bothered putting my past passenger number in when getting quotes on websites before, but when I try it now many show the same 10% discount.  Just curious if there's always a discount of some kind and I didn't realise, and if , is it always this big?

When using a 3rd party booking site, it is always a good idea to enter your Name, BD, and CC Member Id.  This will ensure that website shows you the deals you are eligible for and there may be an offer that you won't see if anonymous.  Same applies to Princess.  However Princess only shows one deal and aims to show the best one.  Again, there may be a better one for you if you identify yourself.