Confirmed, pillow chocolates 1st & last night only unless requested, AQ amenities by request & no more canapés,

NutsAboutGolf

3 hours ago, D. B. said:

I told my wife that X probably discontinued the nightly Chocolates because the cabin stewards were finding them in the trash?

Me. I Love to save them and take them Home.

Each time I eat one I think of the great time we had on our cruise.

I Ask to have them every night and we get them every night.😘onboard Summit now.

You are a lot more disciplined than me (us). 😁

8 minutes ago, doghog said:

Will we be grandfathered in as we paid our dues in 1994. 😁$35.00 each. 

We still have our Captains Club pins and tags but have misplaced the spy de-coder ring.

• Haha 1

Just now, doghog said:

If that happens I'll be sure start a thread about it. 😉

And people who lack the emotional and/or intellectual capacity to scroll on by things that don't interest them will complain about the thread, thereby perpetuating it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MamaFej said:

And people who lack the emotional and/or intellectual capacity to scroll on by things that don't interest them will complain about the thread, thereby perpetuating it. 

That's a given. Sometimes good for a laugh. 

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how long the "chocolates by request last". Would be nice if it actually did. 

I'd request them, but the family we travel with would not. We had ours every night, but they ended with about 12 left in the cabin after a 7 night cruise.

Hope this isn't the beginning of the end of turndown service. Shame you have to look to the luxury lines for what used to be included, even on Royal.

We'll have paid a pretty penny for our Ascent cruise coming up. I just don't know how a few dollars worth of chocolate is really saving them any money. I think I'd rather them raise every cruise fare by $10. 

Liberty is no Fain...

6 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Will be interesting to see how long the "chocolates by request last". Would be nice if it actually did. 

I'd request them, but the family we travel with would not. We had ours every night, but they ended with about 12 left in the cabin after a 7 night cruise.

Hope this isn't the beginning of the end of turndown service. Shame you have to look to the luxury lines for what used to be included, even on Royal.

We'll have paid a pretty penny for our Ascent cruise coming up. I just don't know how a few dollars worth of chocolate is really saving them any money. I think I'd rather them raise every cruise fare by $10. 

Liberty is no Fain...

RC stopped giving pillow chocolates in 2009 (at least that's when we first noticed them no longer for balcony and below cabins) when Richard was in charge. Maybe Jason is following in Richards footsteps. We got over it and still cruise with RC.

Edited by doghog

Just now, doghog said:

RC stopped giving pillow chocolates in 2009 (at least that's when we first noticed them no longer for balcony and below cabins) when Richard was in charge. 

Fair enough. But I guess I understand how Royal evolved as brand into more of the "wow" and less of the "luxury". Celebrity was somewhere in the middle when we took our first cruise on them just about a year ago. Now it seems to just be quickly following the cuts that Royal already implemented. But the jump from Celebrity to Silversea is much steeper.

Just now, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Fair enough. But I guess I understand how Royal evolved as brand into more of the "wow" and less of the "luxury". Celebrity was somewhere in the middle when we took our first cruise on them just about a year ago. Now it seems to just be quickly following the cuts that Royal already implemented. But the jump from Celebrity to Silversea is much steeper.

At least Celebrity no longer uses the tag line, "let us exceed your expectations". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

In all fairness, X’s cruise contract allows them to make cutbacks/changes at will.  What’s disappointing is virtually nothing is being added

Virtually nothing is being added?.  They're adding to the cost of being privileged to cruise XX.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

I cannot believe these petty reductions in service will actually help the overall financial situation of Celebrity and if people start cancelling or cruising less then those pennies saved will be £ and $ lost…

In the States, we refer to that as being penny wise and dollar foolish.

• Like 2

I'm usually in a Sky Suite, and in my last few cruises canapés are hit and miss.  We were told on the Infinity they'd been discontinued, but we could go into Michael's Club and get the Empanada of the day (it was South America).  On the Solstice in Mexico Michael's had a short list of things you can order.  We got mixed nuts a couple of times.  

But I think we still got chocolate, which I don't like.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Full sized candy,? When was that? We started in 2003 and never got anything but the small pieces.

we started with Mercury and Century..and it was much better chocolate!

13 hours ago, manmachine said:

Don’t complain, Nuts.  

Just bring your own steaks and ask them to grill them for you.  Frozen ahead of time and they can help keep that bag of Hershey’s kisses cool so they don’t melt.

I suggested that in May before the Alaska cruise on Solstice. These huge, delicious lobsters at Pike Place Market would have made a nice dinner. Much better than the mediocre lobstah tails X has on the menu.

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

I suggested that in May before the Alaska cruise on Solstice. These huge, delicious lobsters at Pike Place Market would have made a nice dinner. Much better than the mediocre lobstah tails X has on the menu.

It fixed all the Celebrity food shortcomings.  Just bring your own!  

easy peasy.